By Jen - 26/11/2018 07:30 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my son decided he wanted roasted marshmallows. It would've been fine, except he put the entire bag into the oven I had preheating for pizza and caught it on fire. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 439
You deserved it 266

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How old is he? I want to know if he's young, and didn't know better, or if he's old enough for a smack, and a "How could I have raised this kid to be a ******* moron?".

Zekfen 17

Nothing like the smell of burning plastic to wake you up.

Comments

How old is he? I want to know if he's young, and didn't know better, or if he's old enough for a smack, and a "How could I have raised this kid to be a ******* moron?".

Wait, you mean that's not how you're supposed to roast marshmallows?

Zekfen 17

Nothing like the smell of burning plastic to wake you up.

Depending on his age he either needs the belt, to be sent to scouts or he was just trying his best Which one OP haha

ViviMage 38

And of course you can't eat anything with melted plastic on it. Just do what I did. Speared it with a fork or knife and put it over the stove gas burner. Microwave can also work.

onceuponatime456 16

That'll teach you for raising an id 10 T.

XUDT72 24

Now that's what I call a sticky situation...

Time to provide the kid, hopefully it is a kid, some basic cooking lessons. By the age of six my girlfriend's daughter could do basic things in the kitchen, though obviously we watched her carefully. Hopefully your son is just really young, had a craving, and didn't think it through. The basic kitchen safety and cooking protocol would be a good idea, I mean if he is a really young child, go with just the kitchen safety stuff, tossing things in a hot oven could end a lot worse than melted plastic. Could have stuck a bottle of Drano in there just as easily.