By texaskitty86 - 26/12/2016 05:58 - United States - Gilbert

Today, my mother got married. My siblings and I only found out when the pool hall she held the ceremony at posted the news on Facebook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 215
You deserved it 518

texaskitty86 tells us more.

Holy crap I finally got published! A little back ground, we knew that mom and her now husband had gotten a marriage license almost 2 months ago but had never gotten it signed (therefor not legally married). We had talked about it the week before and she had told me she didn't think she'd go through with it because he is an alcoholic (like her), abusive, and irresponsible. We were shocked and more then a little upset that she had gone through with it, and that she hadn't told anyone about it, but at this point we're all used to this kind of behavior and I haven't talked to her since.

Top comments

Op, if you haven't already, I might suggest Alanon or ACA (adult children of alcoholics). It sounds like you could use some sanity regarding your mother and her husband.

Actually it just showed up on my Facebook feed because the linked my mother by name, and Facebook assumes anything mentioning one of your friend must be of dire import

Comments

On the bright side, the confusing friend request you accepted from a… pool hall… really paid off!

Actually it just showed up on my Facebook feed because the linked my mother by name, and Facebook assumes anything mentioning one of your friend must be of dire import

cootiequeen4444 11

Facebook frightens me sometimes...

They some things should never be shared, but this isn't one of them. Don't know why your mother wouldn't share this with her children, unless she was drunk and it happened in Vegas, seems like a very hard secret to keep.

Holy crap I finally got published! A little back ground, we knew that mom and her now husband had gotten a marriage license almost 2 months ago but had never gotten it signed (therefor not legally married). We had talked about it the week before and she had told me she didn't think she'd go through with it because he is an alcoholic (like her), abusive, and irresponsible. We were shocked and more then a little upset that she had gone through with it, and that she hadn't told anyone about it, but at this point we're all used to this kind of behavior and I haven't talked to her since.

Wow! Sorry to hear about this OP. My comment previous comment might hit close to home and I apologize if it offends you. I just thought that it might be the only reasonable explanation of why they would get hitched without your knowledge. I hope your mom can recover from her addiction and you all can find a way to be a family again!

Actually I was more amused that you pretty much hit the nail on the head <3

That sounds like an enabler relationship. Hopefully she will be able to get out of it, or (but this is rare) they will be able to help each other...

Interesting, I thought marriage licenses had to be signed within 30 days.

In Texas, where she is at, they are valid for 90 days

Kaalschneid 21

Honestly, FYL. Your mom shouldn't have gone through with it, certainly not while having you and your family believe she wouldn't. Not to say it's not her life, and she can live it how she wants...but it generally sounds like this was a big bad decision on her part, and it will affect you. Sorry. Also, I hope she shapes up and makes amends, in the best interests of everyone.

I'm sorry but what is a marriage license? :O

Op, if you haven't already, I might suggest Alanon or ACA (adult children of alcoholics). It sounds like you could use some sanity regarding your mother and her husband.

Thank you jenjen, I have considered this. One of my sister in laws is a councilor and has helped me with a few things but I know that in the future I may need more help. I've got a fantastic husband of my own, and loving and supportive friends who make my life awesome so that helps to. This definitely made my Christmas less awesome this year though.

It's just as well that you didn't go. During their vows, he praised her rack and she rhapsodized about his balls (which he would scratch on cue.) Very disturbing!

I don't think people are getting the pool references here..

I didn't until you said, pool, then I got it

Thank you! I thought my pool puns were pretty good.

My mother got remarried a couple months ago and I found out through fb... She didn't tell myself or my brothers about it.

I'm sorry you had to go through this as well.

Similar. We found out 10 years after she remarried. No need for her to hide it. We liked her "boyfriend!"