By anonymous - 02/11/2014 09:09 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my daughter admitted to me that the only reason she's nice to me is because I give her money. She's six. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 234
You deserved it 5 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't give her money for no reason. Put it into a college savings instead.

she's learning to manipulate you early. you already know you need to fix this.

Comments

JMichael 25

A little rude to call a six year old a bitch isn't it?

@#3, not really. No one is saying it to her face.

She is a child. She doesn't know the harm of her actions quite yet.

She's 6....don't call a 6 year old you don't know a bitch.

doesn't matter the age. if they're being a bitch, or an ass or whatever, then they deserve to be called that... just not to their face

Don't give her money for no reason. Put it into a college savings instead.

Meowdisen 15

While I do think it's an important lesson to teach your child the importance of earning money, I feel as if 6 may be too young for them to understand that lesson properly. That is if you are actually making her earn the money instead of giving it to her for no reason.

#22 I agree with you. After reading this FML, I wondered why a six-year-old would even be handling money. I feel that's a pretty young age.

When I was 6 I got a quarter every week if I helped do dishes or really simple 6 year old chores. and I thought I was so rich lol. I'm just hoping that's what the parents mean by money. change not bills

she's learning to manipulate you early. you already know you need to fix this.

JMichael 25

My suggestion is to stop giving her money OP. What's a six year old need money for anyway?

amberv61 22

My little sister uses real money to count with and play store. It's helping her learn different combinations of coins. That way when we actually take her to the store to use it like #17 said she can do it all by herself

KittyHawkMarch 29

I couldn't agree more. I was given quite a lot of money when I was younger...I regret all the stupid things I bought with it as I'm now desperately trying to scrap together what little I can for school.

Kids can be very objective. When I was around 4, I remember liking my father more because he was nicer, but as I grew I realized he was just a lazy ass who didn't discipline me. Safe to say I'm glad I'm with my mother instead. If you're a good mother/father, it won't take long to be loved for the right reasons.

If she's six and already got such a smart thinking pattern, get her to do some simple chores (like sweep) to earn her money. This might teach her a little bit of respect too.

Now I ain't saying she's a gold digger but, she is playing you like a fiddle. Don't worry op my daughter hustles me all the time.