By Mintilou - 08/04/2016 03:17 - United Kingdom - Wednesbury

Today, like everyday, I got on the train heading back from my university campus in Preston. Usually, it takes 20 minutes. When I sat down, I realised it was a non-stop service to Glasgow and the doors had closed. It took me 7 hours by train and a lift from my best friend at 2 a.m. to get home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 093
You deserved it 4 493

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's why I act like a paranoid every day when taking the train. I always check more than once, inside as well as outside the train or by asking other passengers, to make sure I'm in the right train.

Comments

T_Seg_101 18

At least you got to go the scenic way...

That's why I act like a paranoid every day when taking the train. I always check more than once, inside as well as outside the train or by asking other passengers, to make sure I'm in the right train.

Welp, I hope you took advantage of that moment and looked around if you haven't been there yet. And maybe you can go back there on some time off from university. :)

I wouldn't be having a nosey around Glasgow at 2am!!

It's not that bad. Granted there's not much to do here at 2am other than go for a drink.

Perhaps I'm bias, Edinburgh girl at heart. Don't have much love for Glasgow, though admittedly a night there is never dull!!

In those situations you could be angry, agitated etc. but in the end it's a great story - one that people around the world will be reading!

I did this before. I was 16 with a friend and we just got off the train to transfer to a different one and it was going northbound instead of southbound. Both our phones were dead, it was a bad night lol.

Shucks OP,atleast you got home.Hopefully no more problems will occur like that.

No doubt. I wouldn't even do that for my wife... Lol

Apparently #12 is not only a shitty friend, but has the ability to be a shitty husband as well.

alexish128 13

I feel bad for your wife #12. I hope if you ever need a ride that she leaves you there.

missoops 21

#12 won't be giving his wife a ride? If she sees this I hope she never gives him a 'ride' either ;)

I managed to do this. I was going to Liverpool. they announced the incoming train as the liverpool train. I got on. and realised it was going to London. and that is how I ended up visiting Buckingham palace at midnight

I want to have mad chills with you! I've never been to liverpool before, and I'm from the UK originally, but I live in Australia now.

Look at the bright side... You have an awesome friend :)