By Dr.Anonymous - 22/03/2014 11:56 - India - Mumbai

Today, I was treating a patient at the hospital where I'm a dentist. This particular gentleman was old and slightly deaf. After completing the procedure I gestured to the spitoon and asked him to spit. He got up, steadied himself, and spat straight in my face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 338
You deserved it 3 769

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't know if it was an accident or if he did it on purpose.

If that's what he thought you meant, you'd think he would at least ask you "uhm.... you want me to do what?".

Comments

I don't know if it was an accident or if he did it on purpose.

Most likely on purpose. See, back in 'nam the Vietcong would torture p.o.w.s performing "maintenance" on their pearly whites. Maybe sitting in a chair with metal instruments jogged his memory slightly and he spitting on his tormentor was reflexive. Or he just didn't understand directions.

He's been tortured by the dentist. Proper payback imo

Then he shouldn't have gone, it was his choice.

The dentist only "tortures" you if you don't take proper care of your teeth. It shouldn't hurt, and if it does, it means you need to floss and brush more. I hate when people complain about their dentist or hygienist hurting them, when it's easily avoided by just flossing.

CookieLovesBoo 16

I have sensitive gums so either way it would hurt me And I do take care of my teeth

NiceGuysDoWin 21

54 - that's not always the case. genetics plays a huge part. My dad had full dentures by the time he was 30, and mom had dentures at 37. I brush 4 to 5 times a day and floss at least once a day, and I've had $20,000 worth of dental work. 16 root canals, 19 crowns, and every time I go to the dentist, they find more cavities....I also have issues with novacaine, and it tends to wear off in the middle of the procedure. Just because it doesn't hurt YOU to go to the dentist, doesn't mean that it's a pleasurable experience for everyone else.

Did you spit back into his? Maybe it's a form of communication.

iLike2Teabag 27

Yea, because that's really professional, right?

I thought it was funny. People took your comment too seriously *hands you a gold star*

*puts gold star on fridge and cherishes it forever *

Please tell me this is an Ace Ventura reference?

If that's what he thought you meant, you'd think he would at least ask you "uhm.... you want me to do what?".

Medd_fml 13

Poor old guy is really losing it. You're a good person for putting up with that.

XxxT3rr4xxX 25

That is quite rude to say the least.

I really hope that was a misunderstanding >.

I hoped for world peace once... Do you really think it's a misunderstanding now!?

What does that have to do with anything? >.

@35 It was supposed to be a face: ">.

Where have you been? "That's a ____ situation" comments" Aren't even punny anymore...

I've heard enough shitty situation comments. But personally I found the spitty situation comment kind of funny.

Yeah at least spitty situation is original.

jazzy_123 20

11, oh and you really thing saying a pun isn't "punny" is cute?

NiceGuysDoWin 21

When you are old, you can get away with pretty much anything by just blaming it on senility. Some of the funniest things I've ever seen were FU@#*D UP pranks pulled by my grandparents that I'd never even consider trying. But this one is beyond wrong. Sorry to be you OP.

did you by any chance have a spittoon attached to your face at that moment?