By Quackadoodledoo - 24/04/2014 02:21 - United Kingdom - Edgware

Today, I was on the London underground reading a newspaper. A huge guy was sitting next to me and there weren't many other people around. As I turned a page, he leaned into me, glaring, and said, "I'm not finished yet". At the next stop I put down the paper and jumped off. It wasn't even my stop. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 181
You deserved it 5 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Poor guy didn't even get to finish reading.

Leaving before your stop is kind of overdramatic. Couldn't you just have given him the newspaper or something?

Comments

oddities 20

#35, please, please, please let that whole "cool story, bro" thing just die. Or take it to a site with lower expectations.

You mean like expectations of replies to a post that follow a thread rather than telling your own fml on an fml? ;-)

Fmlception. Would be the proper term guys

All I can get from the FML is that the dude wanted to share the newspaper. Why is this an FML?

"#35 Cool story bro tell it again " :D Story time :D Once upon a time, #34's friend alerted #34 of an intimidating thug type guy approaching. The guy walked up to #34 faster and said "you're talking about me"? #34's friend yelled "HELL NO!" Then they both hopped off the train before they got stabbed, and they lived happily ever after. The end

oddities 20

How is OP creepy? Or do you mean that OP should've said that? That wouldn't have been a very smart move, by the way, if the man turned out to be violent, OP could've gotten seriously hurt.

Poor guy didn't even get to finish reading.

I would have just handed over the paper with a smile. Perfect opportunity to do a good turn there OP, squandered.

RedPillSucks 31

Turning the other cheek could get something inserted.

nadene52 12

Actually he did OP left the newspaper

Yeah... OP put the paper down to get away from the man reading his newspaper. Might want to re-read that FML

I meant to respond to #3, OP put the newspaper down - the other guy could have finished the newspaper

shaww 28

Plot twist: the guy was on the phone

Wait...did you just come up with a plot twist that makes the story LESS exciting?

Plot twist: Not all of the underground is actually underground.

Duh! Read it properly. He was at London underground & there is no phone network down there!

Plot Twist: He was actually talking about his ******.

oddities 20

Oh, my Jewish God. That sounds like a good time to run like hell. Were you at least close to your destination?

You realize the Jewish god is the same god as the Christians and Muslims right?

oddities 20

You realize that I say "Jewish God" instead of just "God" because I used to get harassed with questions about why I say things like "Oh, my God" but never "Jesus Christ" and got sick of constantly clarifying that I'm Jewish and therefor do not accept Jesus as the messiah, right? I'm not even kidding, if you're wondering.

oddities 20

Let me clarify something for the people down voting me: I say "Jewish God" instead of just "God" because, when I moved to California, my new friends started harassing me with questions about why I said things like "Oh, my God" but never "Jesus Christ" when in shock, pain, etc. and constantly having to explain that I'm Jewish to them was a pain. It's a force of habit now, no need to be offended by it seeing as it isn't harming anyone. For the people who are down voting me because they don't think OP should've run and disagree with me condoning that: one of my best friends got mugged in a similar situation when we were 11 so I'm wary of such situations nowadays. And, finally, for the people down voting me because they think I'm an idiot for asking if OP was at least close to his destination: he never specified how far out the stop was from his destination. It could've been a stop before or in a different city, it isn't specified in the FML. That should cover everything, hopefully we have an understanding now.

Sorry to say #19 but it's not. The foundation of their beliefs system might be the same "god" but you're missing a few canons/scriptures added to the confusion! "Imagine there's no heaven It's easy if you try No hell below us Above us only sky . . .and the world will live as one"

Leaving before your stop is kind of overdramatic. Couldn't you just have given him the newspaper or something?

The tube comes along every 5 minutes so I'm sure they were more than able to get back on and continue their journey.

why not just share the paper like we used to do.

Or slipped into another car at the next stop. Goodness knows I've done that on Metro when there was something I didn't like on the car I was riding (lack of a/c, really nasty chemical smell, whatever). Or find a seat next to someone smaller than the inconsiderate schmuck sitting next to you.

Should of just started reading aloud he would of appreciated it and so would everyone else.

would have, if we're gonna go for it all

Sorry typed it while walking to work didn't check my grammar just posted. I feel terrible.

I don't see why, you're a cute little kitten, people love kittens.