By PollingLow - 10/05/2012 15:45 - United States - Decatur

Today, I ran for editor-in-chief of a magazine. I spent hours working on my speech, and offered a bunch of new ideas to increase readership. My opponent just said that she, "loved the organization". I lost by a 4-1 margin. My opponent later announced her plans for next year. They were all of my ideas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 723
You deserved it 2 364

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tehaustiebear 34

Sounds just like every presidential canidacy.

Comments

When it's a popularity competition, you have no chance. Try somewhere where you actually get promoted to positions.

It's not her fault, it's the people who elected her editor-in-chief.

OP is a guy, so she would probably have a bigger rack.

OP should go to a competitor magazine and work against her

CaramelMacchiato 13

49 - I'm female, and sadly, I have seen guys with bigger racks than me :X

I think 92 doesn't get that that line is way too overused. -__-

CaramelMacchiato 13

92 - Do you really want to see a picture of MOOBS!? (man boobs)

Well of course you've seen guys with bigger racks than you. You're only 14.

Kn0wledge123 21

Bol yo that's fcked up son.

outch_fml 0

#144 Well how do you know Mr.Stalker? Jk I stalked her too

tehaustiebear 34

Sounds just like every presidential canidacy.

Yeah, forget magazines, this lady needs to be in politics!

I bet she got it because she was a women. Sleeping with them.

mg32112345 0

Wow, sorry that happened to you OP, but everything happens for a reason

24 --- what universe are you living in? Usually those kind of people are the ones to lay out of work, steal co-workers ideas, lie about their own abilities, brown nose the boss... then they end up getting a big fat raise/promotion! O_o

4- You sound like Justin Bieber. He said the exact same thing... About rape.

iloveweed6969 2

Shut the **** up number Four

Anyone ever think that the lady that got the job might have actually won for reasons besides being a woman? Great OP, you worked on your speech a lot and came up with some good ideas, that doesn't mean you deserve anything more than a "Good ideas, we'll use them. Also nice speech". Sorry but you're not going to be the one on FML saying "oh yeah, and I have this character flaw/lack of experience that makes me totally not ready for the position" and its perfectly possible. Even if it is a case of you being better qualified and some BS is going on at your workplace, get a job somewhere better. If you're so confident in your abilites, apply for similar positions at organizations that you don't hate.

FU and your "everything happens for a reason" cr@p. Perhaps the reason was evil or someone was just an arse.

cyK0tek 0

".....I love this organization.." ............( . Y . ) YOU'RE HIRED!!

mg32112345 0

What I meant by my comment, is that maybe the job wasn't right for you and that you could find a better magazine to edit or maybe you wouldn't have ended up likening it and quit anyway

Thejackel79 9

Not to sound like an ass but it's probably because she is hot.

You are sounding like an Ass, and you have no indication if the opponent was hot or not. Take your bullshit somewhere else.

bfsd42 20

In a real world situation, 5 is right. Pretty women get a lot of benefits from their looks. A-teen, what is up with your consistently rude and hate-filled comments? Just because you post here often does not give you the right to be abusive and tell people to leave.

RedPillSucks 31

@THE_A_TEEN, While I understand where your comment is coming from, I do think that sometimes the politics of the situation comes down to this. People usually don't vote based on logic. Of course, the hotness or lack thereof is speculation, but then, just about every FML has some of that.

Marcella1016 31

I agree with 5 and 30. My first thought was "she probably had big boobs" or something. I mean, obviously OP could have a "sour grapes" mentality distorting his view on the situation, but we can't ignore the fact that more attractive people often go farther in this society. We see it everywhere from political candidates to office politics. And of course there's the whole "maybe OP is just a jerk no one liked so we won't vote for him no matter what" possibility. At the end of the day, we'll never know the truth (unless OP actually comes in and offers more details)...but yeah my first thought was that she was hot and most of the people making the decision were men.

DWilliamson 7

To 30, the A-teen is a piece of shit russian. They're always miserable and try to ruin the mood for everyone.

93- why does it make a difference if he's Russian or not? ********

Who says I'm miserable? I'm pretty happy with life, with my graduation coming and what not. And I don't try ruin the mood, I have a sense a humour. :)

*personality RedPillSucks, thanks. You got it right.

KiddNYC1O 20

Some things you just need to let go, A Teen.

Let me guess the ratio of men to women is also 4-1 and she's attractive?

Marcella1016 31

Lol why did 6 get so many thumbs up and 5 got so many thumbs down? They essentially said the same thing...

That's FML users for you. Don't try and figure it out, you'll just confuse yourself. Personal experience. ^^

ferrousWheel 6

6's question mark is curvier. Most FML voters can't resist...

Marcella1016 31

Well I look like an idiot. Since I posted that, 5 has been thumbed back up out of the negatives. At one point #5 had like -9 votes and #6 had +12 votes. Ah, well.

No , no, guys only want to be controlled by women in the bedroom, not in the workplace

You need to make your speech more vague.

RockstarRN 10

And when she runs out of YOUR ideas she will fail...

greenorange75 8

Exactly what happened with the 2008 presidential election.

Sounds like every past political election in the history of the world