By 123_omg - 15/01/2019 14:00

Today, I got a surround sound system from my best friend. I didn't even have it hooked up when the sub woofer fell to the floor and smashed. I don't know if it can be fixed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 912
You deserved it 376

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh, anything can be fixed ... if you're willing to spend enough money. ;-) But yea, breaking things suck. :-(

Why wasn't the sub on the floor? Subs put out lots of vibrations. The best place for one is on the floor.

Comments

Oh, anything can be fixed ... if you're willing to spend enough money. ;-) But yea, breaking things suck. :-(

Gofuckyourself 24

Should have been a bit more careful... that's how accidents happen.

Oh, everything can be fixed, for a price. When you see what it's going to cost, the woofer will make you howl and yelp! Or you could install the system as-is and stick it to Meghan Trainor and be "All about da treble -- no bass!" Screw her for body-shaming fit girls!

Why wasn't the sub on the floor? Subs put out lots of vibrations. The best place for one is on the floor.

Because the dom hadn’t told it to be on the floor.

geniusness 6

Where I come from if your best friend is buying you something that expensive - your best friend is trying to bang you. Just a heads up in case there's a comrade in the friend's zone that needs rescuing.

IrieStorm 9

Is it just the box that's smashed? Or is it the speaker itself? Because a new box is easy to build.

OP here... The sub is fine. It is now sitting where I can reach it, on non-skid material. Thanks to hot glue, everything is fine, minus some cosmetic damage. And no, my best friend isn't trying to bang me, and it's rude to jump to conclusions. Said friend got an equally expensive gift from me. We knew about our gifts to each other in advance. Christmas gifts. That's all.

I hope you're not in an apartment building with a sub woofer. That is so awful.

No...i live in a single family home. By myself. I'm not an inconsiderate moron. I once lived in an apartment. I know what it's like.