By Nightshade823 - 10/11/2016 19:12 - United States

Today, I finally lost my virginity. I also found out the side effects of my antidepressants: It's hard for me to get it up, and I can't orgasm. When I finally got it up, I went so long, it ended with her saying, "Yeah, you should stop now, I'm numb." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 334
You deserved it 1 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look at the bright side you didn't pre ejaculate. If you tell the story right you'll be a legend to your friends lol

Comments

Look at the bright side you didn't pre ejaculate. If you tell the story right you'll be a legend to your friends lol

Deem yourself the long journey man... Forrest Gump would be proud... Jenny probably is reconsidering as we speak... Lol

I can only imagine the flood of different emotions you're feeling here op. But I feel for the poor girl with her ah.. lack of feeling.

This is something you should let your doctor know, intimacy is an important part of wellness (see Maslow's hierarchy of needs) and your doc might be able to switch your medication to one that doesn't have the same side effect. Sincerely, concerned mental health nurse.

I have heard some people are able to do it if they try before their scheduled dose. That may have been bipolar meds but the effect was as you described.

Zound680 9

No. a lot of antidepressants have that side effect. Zoloft for instance

You might want to put an asterisk by that "lost your virginity" statement. It may not be true in all circles.

I think what is meant is that he didn't finish so wouldn't count to some people.

Does that mean I can go around and screw hundreds of people and nobody can call me a **** if I didn't come? (of course they shouldn't do it anyways)

caseyface1123 15

Virginity is a social construct anyway. If OP feels like they lost their Virginity (and frankly to me it seems like they did) then yeah it counts. Its not up for debate

Had a similar effect from certain pain meds. It sucks in many ways and I hope you were at least able to give her an ******, but from the sound of her statement, you both lost out.

Talis99 26

Mm, speak to your doctor about med change? I take 40mg Citalopram (Celexa) and have little-to-no side effects and pretty great orgasms. I'm a girl, so maybe it would be different, but still.

I was on 20mg escitalopram which is a sister drug and I experienced similar side effects. Sexual side effects are usually the most common. The oddest thing though was that my sex drive went up not down like it usually does. Which made wanking for hours on end hoping to god that you can finally ******, a pain in the ass.

Difficulty with ****** for men on anti-depressants is actually quite common. A lot of doctors will prescribe an anti-depressant to men who suffer from PE because of it. It doesn't have the same effect on women from what I've noticed. So my recommendation would be to try to work the bump and grind around your medication schedule.

Actually, it's a pretty common side effect for women.