This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "carmasinclair" - 16/02/2019 08:00 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today I broke off my passenger mirror because there was a huge carpet sticking out of a trash can. I hit it barely going 10 miles an hour and now its going to cost 200+ to fix. fml
I agree, your life sucks 1 153
You deserved it 617

Top comments

So you hit an inanimate object that wasn’t moving... while going so slowly that you had ages to react? That $200 should be spent on driving lessons.

Comments

TCRII 29

So you hit something with your car and now it is going to cost you money to fix it. Duh!

thehaystackerine 20

200+?wtf you drive? a Rolls Royce?

Had one broken off recently. The part was cheap on amazon. Watch a video and wire and install yourself. Most of that 200 is labor. The body shop quoted around 200. It’s been fixed for under 60.

Even for brand name it cost maybe $80, Amazon it’s half that. It’s a couple bolts holding it in with 1 wire all under the plastic molding that can be taken off with a flat head screwdriver. But hey if you want to spend an extra $100 plus dollars go for it

So you hit an inanimate object that wasn’t moving... while going so slowly that you had ages to react? That $200 should be spent on driving lessons.

It was probably the passenger mirror, how often do you spend staring at your passenger mirror?

Not at the passenger mirror, but at obstacles and potential safety hazards along to street.

You don’t watch the mirror - you watch the ROAD for obstructions...like carpets that might be sticking into the road at mirror height.

Done that before, except it was my garage opening (even a tacoma is too big a truck for a garage), it sucks.

lj2000 5

I hit a mailbox with my car. I epoxied it back on and it works good as New when I replaced the glass for $20. Ur just an idiot who pays the idiot tax at the dealership.