By nameless - 12/07/2009 06:45 - United States

Today, I asked the girl I am in love with out on a date. She asked me for my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 278
You deserved it 11 856

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Xerosnake90 0

I'm so sick of people saying the words 'I've known for XXX years' and 'I'm in love with'. I don't care how long you've known someone, you do not love people you aren't in relationships with. Love takes a long time to develop, it's called infatuation.

Well make sure she remembers it this time. Thats if she accepted...

Comments

sameer672 0

wow holy shit man so sorry lol

Well at least she WANTED your name, thats a good thing right?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're being sarcastic, right? Because, sorry, that's not love. That's infatuation.

i know what you mean 66, its the third time ive fallen in love today. I know this one's for real because she smiled back at me

Yeah, but this hasn't been one day. It's been eight months and five days. I know this one's for real because it is real. It's the realest thing of my life.

getting concerned that you arent kidding....

I'm not kidding? Don't be too concerned.

Either your kidding or you should muster the courage to talk to her more, 3 talks in 8 months, gg dude, gg

IHOPSUGARPACKETS 0

This kind of sounds fake to be honest. But, if it's not, she must not be the sharpest tack in the box.

I'm a girl, dude. Said that in my first post.

you know thats bullshit 66, you dont love her. you think you love her, though in reality you don't even know her, you just think she's hot. stop being stupid

the more you think you love her, the creepier it becomes. to you its love. to everyone else, thats stalking. some advice: stop neing a creeper and get a life

Okay TrackLifee, you are a ******* loser, and you need professional help. this sounds more like obsession than love. seriously, you are delusional. grow up.

anlhawks 5

I know I'm 15 too I barely talk to this guy anymore and I love him ... I would never tell him because he would never like me anyways, but I've liked people before, this is different. you can fall in and out of love at anytime with anyone

89, if you can fall in and out of love with anyone at any time, then that isn't love. Kids these days, so eager to rush into the idea of romantic fantasies...

Well make sure she remembers it this time. Thats if she accepted...

Yea really, don't use chloroform this time, OP.

Something tells me this was written by a 12 year old.

ilovejooo 0

Awh man, I'm sorry d00d. That sucks.

Xerosnake90 0

I'm so sick of people saying the words 'I've known for XXX years' and 'I'm in love with'. I don't care how long you've known someone, you do not love people you aren't in relationships with. Love takes a long time to develop, it's called infatuation.

chimmy 0

Exactly... if she doesn't know your name, its probably not love.

Yeah. Besides, this girl is going out with the OP now. So he even GOT the object of his affections! What's the problem!!!

EXACTLY! Stalking, having a crush from afar, being obsessed, etc are NOT love. This is the kind of thing you tend to hear from middle school kids. "Oh that girl that sits a few seats away in math class, she's so cute! I sit there and stare at her all through class, we're totally in love!" Yeah, okay... Or celebrity stalkers. "Drew Berrymore totally wants me. I camp outside her house all night just waiting to see her come out in the morning. We're so in love." Uh huh...

I thought being in love ment something totally different then loving someone? And anyway, who say's the girl said yes??

DietBroccoli 0

#5, I agree and I disagree. While you cannot love someone who doesn't even know your name (wtf, lol), but you can certainly love your friend. I don't mean the joking "I love you!" after you tease them or something either. Love is not constrained by things like titles. It's a feeling of closeness, affection, adoration, and the will to protect the person with your life. If you are close enough to said friend, and they are close enough to you, then I contest that you can love each other very dearly. That is love, and it does not matter how you address the person.

Agreed. The point is that love comes from a two way relationship. It doesn't happen with people you don't know. You obviously don't actually know her!

realrealitysuccs 0

@#5 i disagree completly fucc off

sorry #60. People who confuse love with infatuation get burned HARD CORE. when someone reviews the differences it isnt always to be rude. some of the... more life experienced FML users might be trying to share a shred of wisdom to help the younger crowd avoid unnecessary emotional trauma

I agree with 44. While the case of OP is crazy to think they r in love with someone who doesnt know there name you can certainly love people you are not in a relationship with. Some people fall in love easier than others and with that a best friend can easily fall 'in love' while the other still just loves you as a best friend or sibling. Do not underestimate the power of love, it hits you like an arrow in the ass ;)

ChefBoy6382 0

you love her, not she loves you. how is she supposed to know your name if you didnt take the time to get to know her better.

I agree with #5. If she doesn't even know your name, it's unlikely that you guys know each other, so how can you be IN LOVE with her!?

Staaaaaalker! Lnmao How long have you known her for again?