By BornToBeABurden - 09/01/2014 16:01 - United Kingdom - London

Today, I asked my mum when she gets the urge to smoke. The answer I was looking for was "after I eat" or maybe even "when I'm tired". What I got was "every second since you were born". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 625
You deserved it 5 682

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What's with the string of nasty parents we've been getting? If you don't want kids, don't have them!

Sorry OP. Maybe she stopped for her pregnancy and craved it immediately after. Or is lamenting the way her body changed.

Comments

Sorry OP. Maybe she stopped for her pregnancy and craved it immediately after. Or is lamenting the way her body changed.

Taking care of children can be stressful. She is probably smoking to cope with stress and anxiety. Still, that isn't very nice of her to say that.

Very true. I'm just hoping she was joking. It's unfair to blame your children for that stuff, anyway.

Or, hold it this is big one! or... maybe... The mother has a sense of humour and was joking? I know that that's a difficult one to accept but just think about it for a second!

That almost sounded like something simon would say.

JMichael 25

So you want a mother who smokes? What the **** is wrong with you?!

Because a mother who smokes is the WORST kind. :O

39 was one of those people who weren't dropped on their heads but was whacked with a macce when they were born.

What's with the string of nasty parents we've been getting? If you don't want kids, don't have them!

I'm actually pretty sure OP's mom was joking.

jokes are funny. what she said wasn't. It was just ****** up.

I agree. If you don't want a child, use birth control. Don't **** them up for life by giving them bad self esteem.

Societal pressure, duh. Or people have kids for all the wrong reasons and only when it's too late realize they aren't cut out to be a parent. I'm glad I realized that early on and never spawned.

Then why are other people saying "Sorry to hear that"? They didn't hear it, they read it. Unless the read aloud of course.

What a bitchy thing to say. I don't understand why parents have to be so mean to their child.

I reckon some people become parents, not realising entirely how much of a huge commitment being a parent is - physically, emotionally and financially... and then they become kind of resentful towards their children. I'm not excusing OPs mum for what she said, just trying to shed light on it.

At least you know the truth now... But FYL