By rhplb - 17/05/2016 13:10 - Philippines - Quezon City

Today, I arrived to work at exactly 8 so I could leave at exactly 5, without overtime. I found out later that my brother took my keys with him somewhere and now I can't enter the house until he gets back at 11. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 108
You deserved it 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This is when you break into your own house and surprise the crap out of your brother when he gets back!

You should've told everyone EXACTLY what your plan was, hope you get in safely.

Comments

You should've told everyone EXACTLY what your plan was, hope you get in safely.

This is when you break into your own house and surprise the crap out of your brother when he gets back!

I would still leave work at 5. You atleast get some free time to yourself

I think they did and THEN discovered after arriving home that his brother had his keys.

Oh sorry... I guess I misread the FML

zeffra13 31

No, you didn't. It doesn't say anywhere when OP discovered the missing keys. Could have easily been while at work still, since most people don't go the whole day without realizing something important is missing from their pocket.

I cant help thinking here that even if OP's brother had not taken his keys with him, OP would still be outside while the keys would be inside and we're left with the same situation. This would be a good time to consider keeping a spare key in a well hidden place outside for future emergencies of this nature.

The brother might have taken the keys out of OP's bag, so OP would assume the keys were in the bag (s)he was taking with him/her to work.

This sounds like the OP's brother moved the keys from where OP keeps them without asking permission or informing OP about the change. In fact, it sounds an awful lot like their brother lost his own keys, and thus took OP's keys instead of trying to find his own. My brother used to do it to me all the time, or he'd lock the deadbolt and take the only deadbolt key with him. I'd get a copy or three made and hide them in locations that you can remember but aren't obvious. They shouldn't be obvious because thieves look in a lot of places that people keep keys, so none under the door mat, under porch decorations, etc. I'd also ask your brother why he took your key, considering that it's... Well, YOUR key, not his. And make him do some chores for him having effectively locked you out.

Big_D_Real 12

Why aren't your house keys attached to your car keys? Assuming you are driving to work that is. If not, sorry OP. It's time to teach brother a lesson in why you don't touch other people's stuff.

be spontaneous, when life offers you such a flagrant chance to change something about your trott, you do! go visit a friend, visit the local pub, walk around town or take some time to go sit in a park, relax, meditate, visit the library and get a book you always wanted to read! hey start living!! that's why stuff like that happens, the universe is trying to tell you something op!

I can't help wondering why OP didn't notice his keys were missing before leaving for work. Am I the only one in the world who never, ever leaves the house without my keys in my pocket? I don't even close the car door when I get out without knowing my keys are in my hand or pocket.