By ApplePie1994 - 11/11/2016 01:51 - Ireland - Mallow

Today, I argued with my dog for ten minutes because she refused to go outside and pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 431
You deserved it 1 721

ApplePie1994 tells us more.

OP here. My sassy Jack Russell ass bitch's name is Honey. She's 13, blind and smells like ass. The older she gets, the cheekier she becomes. She's still awesome, though. I eventually won the battle. Yes, I rewarded her submission with rubs. I talk to her like she's a person. She's sick of my bullshit, tbh. I love my baba. I'll upload pictures of her on my profile.

Comments

Had you drafted out a thesis, body and conclusion? Were you able to persuade him/her? Or did they end the argument by going on the floor before your eyes?

I'm sure the dog is still giving you the awkward silent treatment...

skyy417 17
SteveDudleyUK 10

If you can't control your little bitty dog please, for all our sakes, don't have children. As a teenager it would run wild...and probably pee on your lawn.

Bathroom issues are a little different than behavioral issues. They can be connected, sure, but dogs aren't perfect. In this case, the dog in question is 13 years old and is probably getting cranky in her old age, but even young dogs can have times where they just don't want to cooperate. They are living, thinking beings, not machines. My dogs are awesome, respectful, well behaved dogs. I expect them to be this way because they are large animals, but even they aren't perfect and can misbehave. Dogs, cats, horses, etc will ALL misbehave at some point because they are not machines. The day adult humans can go through life without ever misbehaving is the day I will expect animals to.

haha, she's far from cranky, but she certainly has character :)

OP here. My sassy Jack Russell ass bitch's name is Honey. She's 13, blind and smells like ass. The older she gets, the cheekier she becomes. She's still awesome, though. I eventually won the battle. Yes, I rewarded her submission with rubs. I talk to her like she's a person. She's sick of my bullshit, tbh. I love my baba. I'll upload pictures of her on my profile.

We usually bathe her once a year in the summer. Does her for ages. This year, she got two baths in two weeks. There's only three other times this has happened in her thirteen years; before her hysterectomy of her infected womb (we didn't know what was going on at first), after she swallowed a knuckle off a lamb hock, and needed to be ... um... cleansed, and after she massacred a rat after my mother be lived she was too stupid to do it :P Given her bath track record, we reckon she stinks due to her old age. We love our smelly bitch.

Sometimes she barks at me when outside to show how unimpressed she is with being forced to piss in the cold. She often is woken from her beauty sleep so she can relieve herself, so she sits all confused and groggy and irritated for a few seconds. When she actually wants to pee on her own terms, all you need do is unlock the door and she goes to scratch at it. p.s. it was cold and damp. I wouldn't want to squat on such grass when I could piss on the tiles and laugh at the humans taking pity on my oldness whilst they mop it up.