By GOLLUM! - 18/05/2017 00:00

Today, after being without my car keys for two days, I finally got a locksmith to unlock my car on the off chance I'd left my keys in there. $170 later, the car was open, but I didn't find my keys. Frustrated, I threw the paperwork in the garbage... where I spotted my keys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 672
You deserved it 1 991

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just think: if you threw away $170, you would have found your keys without calling the locksmith.

Oh, man. I'm always so careful with my keys as I don't have a spare for my car. Not going to tempt fate by saying anything negative, Yo.

Comments

Next time get frustrated and throw something away just from losing your keys.

Just think: if you threw away $170, you would have found your keys without calling the locksmith.

Oh, man. I'm always so careful with my keys as I don't have a spare for my car. Not going to tempt fate by saying anything negative, Yo.

A.jChafa 11

why didn't you just have someone make you new keys

Exactly what I was thinking. Take your title and driver's license to a dealership. Usually costs $10-$50 depending what kind of key you want.

Having new keys made for some cars can get expensive. In some cases, you'd need to have the vehicle towed to the dealership to have the new key programmed to be able to start the engine. For less, you could have a spare key cut that would be able to unlock the door if it's a car with a keyhole, but you would need the key that OP lost to have it made... It's an unfortunate situation.

nononsense14 8

So you didn't throw out anything else in two days?

It's always the last place you look.

You should invest in roadside assistance. locked car is normally included at no charge.

Okay. get a AAA membership (if you are in a country where it's available). It's $99 a year (or thereabouts) and you can call a locksmith up to 5 times without paying extra. Or Good Sam. I think they do a similar thing for a similar price. Also, get an extra key cut, and hide it somewhere secure on your car. Make a third copy to keep in your house. Problem solved.