By Username - 01/12/2010 03:39

Today, a customer at the store I work at asked me what kind of cake I would suggest for her husband's 50th birthday. I laughed and showed her the Grim Reaper cake. She burst into tears and explained that he has cancer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 121
You deserved it 62 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An Over The Hill cake would have been fine, but your store had to one up that with a Grim Reaper? Man, that sucks! At least you were doing your job well!

iTaylor 0

you know, in any other situation that would have been a good joke. you couldn't have known :/

Comments

giantsfan2010 23

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

It's a "over the hill" joke. Haven't you ever heard of that??

I would of suggested a tumour cake...but that's just me

iSitt 0

was it left over Halloween cake?

iTaylor 0

you know, in any other situation that would have been a good joke. you couldn't have known :/

Not in "any" other situation. OP should've realised there was the potential for this situation. A grim reaper cake is funny for a 30th birthday. Around 50 it could feel a little too close to the truth even for a healthy man.

BeRealz 0

Good joke, i agree. But... Don't joke about death... Publicly..

Mewzakuro240 0

73: I'm a tumor. :) I just learn how to repress it.

OP did absolutely nothing wrong. Someone asked for advice and she provided. Also, the store she works at had the cake already made so that she could show/sell it to customers.

TEG8OY 0

yer true, but fifty should be the max limit

Rei_Ayanami 18

"Lyk omgee! you are lyk soo inconsiderable OP! you are lyk the worstest person on the hole planet! your a giant doo-doo head! lyk seriously!" Thats what I hear every time I read a post saying something about how "inconsiderate" and how "mean" the OP was, it's not like he gave the man cancer! To everybody who is crying out for this person to lose their job: shut your mouths! The OP could lose their job if they DIDN'T do things like this, if they were cold and unwilling to have suggestions they would never have the job in the first place. It's all the people who are butt-hurt over this that are making the world ridiculous, "nobody had better do or say anything that I disapprove of for any reason or im going to sue them!" that seems to be your war-cry.

zexy27 0

Hey, I might speak for myself but it's my constitutional right to sound like a moron. Just as it is yours to spend 5 minuets venting on a dam website made for humor.

or not inconsiderate at all. People celebrate their 50th birthday as the 'black' birthday because they're on their way and such. It's supposed to be fun. So what. he has cancer. He would still die without it

that was so inconsiderate. OP you are an asshole.

hatepineapple 14

You guys need to chill the hell out. I would have laughed at that if the cake was for my sickly 80 year old grandmother. She would have laughed at it if she was with me. Learn to take a joke.

PhishloverA 14

Why #20 because OP didn't know he has cancer?

yeah, for my Dad's 40th we had a Grim Reaper cake, and had our tallest relative dressed as a grim reaper... Standard practice for 40th,50th and 60th birthdays are "over the hill" meaning on your way to death

How was she to know that her husband had cancer? You don't do you??

An Over The Hill cake would have been fine, but your store had to one up that with a Grim Reaper? Man, that sucks! At least you were doing your job well!

well your stupid for picking out that kake for a birthday party and I hope you now how much of a dum retarded jerk you are

I wrote it write stop trying to act like a gramar nazi

LOL "I am a gramar Nazi" there arent any true gramar Nazis anymore

Pendatik, don't spend too long thinking about his grammar. It's so bad, it may give you an aneurism.

zyth 4
ThoraxeTheImpale_fml 0

what a deathly situation you have.

autumnnn14 0

disagree, she felt bad about it obvisley thats why this is an FML.

OP had no reason to act like a stupid asshole...

KarinaLizeth18 5

oh wow EPIC FAIL lol xD that really sucks for you!

singer4life666 0

Why would you even make a joke like that in the first place?

gusgus36 5

lots of people have at least "over the hill" theme parties for turning 40 or 50, as a joke. my uncle did. the grim reaper is a bit worse, but it's along the same lines... kinda

it's sort of a cultural thing to rag someone on going over the hill when the turn 50. it's perfectly acceptable, OP isn't a mind reader.

cuz 50 is a joke bday. havent u heard of over the hill? why dont you think before you comment.

197- So what if they haven't heard of over the hill? They were just asking, it was unnecessary of you to say "why don't you think before commenting". I think YOU should think before commenting.

Howljerk 0

Well, I thought it was funny - just bad timing on your part.