C'est la langue de l'amour!

By Anonymous - 19/10/2017 05:00

Today, my French teacher set up a role-play scenario to act out in front of the class. During one of my lines, I mispronounced a phrase and called my teacher sexy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 085
You deserved it 451

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Eh, language can be confusing and simple mistakes happen. It's really no big deal if you accidentally call somebody sexy. Or if you inadvertently tell them your loins burn for them. Or if you mistakenly say it takes every ounce of restraint to not tear their clothes off, bend them over, and press every part of them into every part of you, mouth watering as you f—…uh, so, anyway, stay in school!

How’d you manage that? Sexy is still sexy in French. Just with a French accent.

Comments

As if the French language wasn't sultry enough. Top marks!

Eh, language can be confusing and simple mistakes happen. It's really no big deal if you accidentally call somebody sexy. Or if you inadvertently tell them your loins burn for them. Or if you mistakenly say it takes every ounce of restraint to not tear their clothes off, bend them over, and press every part of them into every part of you, mouth watering as you f—…uh, so, anyway, stay in school!

really_dad? 14

How’d you manage that? Sexy is still sexy in French. Just with a French accent.

neuronerd 28

I was wondering the same, and trying to think of what french word, specifically an adjective, sounds similar to sexy.

He might have said "beau cul" instead of "beaucoup" - big difference!

Totally understandable for French — such a sexy language. I once told my French girlfriend’s mom that I couldn’t eat any more food because I was pregnant. Even their word for “hardware store” is sexy!!!

I recall seeing a video on Youtube of non-French speakers trying to pronounce French words, and this was one of them. Although, honestly, to a native French-speaker (which I am), this word does not sound sexy at all... And is seldom used.

I think it’s impossible for native speakers of a language to know what words sound sexy (or funny or poetic, etc.) to people learning that language. For example, everything that rhymes with “feuille” sounds awkward and silly. People giggle when I pronounce Poiseuille correctly. They think it’s PWAH-zoo-eel, or something like that. I’ve always wondered what English words sound silly or sexy to non-English speakers. Say what you like, but if a French girl whispered “quincaillerie” to me, I’d go weak in the knees.

Lobby_Bee 17

I really hope it's a female teacher, cause it's going to be awkward if you say it to a male teacher.

arioch_fml 20

What if that's what Op is into? He might be embarrassed, but depending on how old he is, he might have inadvertently made his move already.

Well that is better than meeting your spainsh speaking mother-in-law for the first time and mispronouncing a word that is ***** in the worst possible way.

Beau cul instead of beaucoup or bon coup etc. Vous êtes chaud(e) instead of vous avez chaud changes the meaning to you are hot(sexy). Yeah can happen. like saying ich bin heiß (i'm horny) instead of mir ist heiß. A letter or a simple word can change the whole meaning of a sentence but don't beat yourself about it you're learning a language you'll need time to get the hang of it. If it wasn't intentional your teacher isn't going to sanction you but I can imagine the embarrassment.