By Anonymous - 09/10/2018 03:00

Today, I was cuddling with the girl I've been seeing for the past few months. She was saying how much she liked me and how much I meant to her. Reciprocating those feelings, I asked her to be my girlfriend. It was a HARD no for her. Then she drove me an hour and a half home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 256
You deserved it 295

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It seems to me that she is either playing hard to get (which would be a dumb move on her part), or she is horrible when it comes to using the correct words to convey her feelings and thoughts. Either way, props to you, OP, for your courage and even though it did not work out in your favour, at least you know to stop wasting your time on her (in a potential partner kind of way).

PenguinPal3017 19

I've given up on that question. In the 2010s so many ladies react poorly to that question. We've been hanging out several days a week, texting every day, sleeping together, but I ask that question and it's a "no". Sometimes it's the opposite though and they get super excited as if I just proposed.

Comments

PenguinPal3017 19

I've given up on that question. In the 2010s so many ladies react poorly to that question. We've been hanging out several days a week, texting every day, sleeping together, but I ask that question and it's a "no". Sometimes it's the opposite though and they get super excited as if I just proposed.

Yea, I'm scared to do that too for the same reason.

So? There still have to be feelings involved. You can hang around, text and sleep with someone without having deeper feelings. Is this so hard to imagine? Do you have feelings for everybody you hang out with?

Looks like a duck quacks like a duck but yells I am not a duck at the top of her lungs. Been there *hands you your tshirt*

It seems to me that she is either playing hard to get (which would be a dumb move on her part), or she is horrible when it comes to using the correct words to convey her feelings and thoughts. Either way, props to you, OP, for your courage and even though it did not work out in your favour, at least you know to stop wasting your time on her (in a potential partner kind of way).

This is one of many girls on a long road to find the one. it's hard but move on because someone out there is worth your time.

RoadRunnerZ 13

We men no shit about how woman work

All the best to you! I’m sure you will eventually meet someone who is receptive to your feelings.. in the mean time.. fyl..

She drove you home? You didn’t drive yourself there, or you couldn’t? Wonder if that has something to do with it. I wouldn’t want to date someone who wasn’t able to get himself around. Just sayin’

Ginger208 7

right? na. I'm not making a 3 hour round trip every time I want to see my man. 🤷‍♀️

Slothinator 4

That’s...Ridiculous..Just because they’re men doesn’t mean they should do everything like pay for the meal or be the ride. Women can do that stuff too. If you really loved him you would drive that far for him.

Guess she just wanted a cuddle buddy? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Mungolikecandy 19

How can you be "seeing" someone for a few months and they are not your girlfriend? Was it just a friends with benefits thing?

There’s a stage of dating before you are exclusive to each other. Seeing someone is going on dates and testing the waters, then if all goes well you make it official and agree to be a couple (bf/gf), and not see other people.

PenguinPal3017 19

Easy, you two go out but never discuss being boyfriend/girlfriend. Until you discuss it it isn't so.