By Arachnofail - 08/04/2016 04:16 - France - Goussainville

Today, while driving, a spider crawled onto my gearstick. Not being afraid of them, I casually flicked it off. Onto the person sitting next to me. The person evaluating me for my driving test at the time, who happened to be arachnophobic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 668
You deserved it 128

Top comments

Oddly enough, we are reading about this on the web.

If the evaluator merely failed you without also setting the car on fire, you got off lightly.

Comments

PoolDeadio 12

How is one not afraid of spiders?

They don't bother me. I kind of like them, actually, as long as I'm not in any danger of death by poison. /shrug

Mathalamus 24

i find spiders to be rather cute and cuddly. of course, i live in Canada, where they are all harmless. and if i come across one with a nasty poison, i had a good life. :P

I get why people might be scared of them if there are a lot of venomous ones where they live, but otherwise, what's the issue? They usually do their own thing and aren't interested in hanging out with people. We used to have a huntsman spider living in our hallway. His name was Fred, and he'd catch a lot of the insects that got into our house. It didn't bother me, except for the one time when he decided to sit in the bathroom and I wasn't expecting to see him there!

Because they're amazing and interesting animals that are incredibly useful for controlling pest insect populations? I swear most people are afraid of spiders just because they're socially conditioned to be, even in areas where there's little to no dangerous ones. Some ants will actually bite/attack people, but most people don't freak out at every single ant they see outside.

Is there anything in Canada that isn't cute and cuddly?

Mathalamus 24

#34 well, there's me. i dont know any other examples.

like I said in another comment, it's more instinctual than rational. Even if you know the spider isn't venomous, you can still have a fight or flight reaction to it because your body is reacting to something that looks like it might be harmful. It's an evolved trait.

I'm in Scotland - no venomous beasties here, but I'm still terrified of spiders. I appreciate how fascinating a creature they are and honestly wish they didn't scare me. Can't cope with them though, when I see one in my flat I have to keep eyes on it. Don't care if SO kills it or takes it down the garden, but I can't deal with them in my home. And to be fair, giant house spiders are ******' GIANT!! You can hear the bastards walking on carpet they're that big!!

Spiders are scary because they can be really tiny and crawl on you when you don't notice. Plus they can bite which is not fun. They just look creepy to some people, me especially.

Spider-man Spider-man Failing your driver's test, cuz he can.

Wtf were you thinking?!? Most people have, if not a fear of spiders, a dislike of spiders. And 'flicking' anything on to another person is incredibly rude. You completely deserve it!!

They probably didn't mean to flick it onto the other person, I doubt they were specifically aiming. They probably just noticed it, wanted to get it off the gear shift they were going to need to use, and accidentally sent the spider in that direction.

This is why you do not **** with spiders!!

Well, it showed that you can have good composure when stuff like that happens at least

Even the cleanest car can get bugs in it if you don't spray.

"... And that's when my driving evaluator bailed out of the car at highway speeds. In my defense, your honor, I did yell at him to tuck and roll on his way out the door."

Honestly, it was pretty rude of you to flick a bug onto someone. Given that, it's still highly unprofessional to fail someone on his driving test with no reasons as to why his driving is bad.

You should have smashed it not flicked it onto the next person especially with someone in the car who is grading you