By Anonymous - 19/09/2009 17:14 - United States

Today, my unemployed boyfriend and I went to the casino. I gave him twenty dollars to play on. He won $1000 on a dollar machine then jackpotted the ten dollar machine for $20,000. When we got home he broke up with me. I have been working two jobs to get our own place. Move in Date?? 2 weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 785
You deserved it 5 152

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sue him. You can get half because YOU gave him the $20 that won him the $21,000 dollars. Yes, I'm serious! He wants to be a dick, you can be one too.

Comments

It seems like over 50% of all FMLs are about a boyfriend/girlfriend. I guess we all really suck at relationships

sofad15 0

no, americans such at relationship. no respect for each other!

that's bull shit! just because someone is american doesn't mean they dont know how to treat other people with respect.

And other countries have it better? I happen to have lived in both England and America and assure you that people every where suck.

lilith1103 0

"But I'd rather be working for a paycheck than waiting to win the lottery" Conor Oberst was wrongggg. Although, in a way, this will be the first day of your life.

definitely :] ily too for getting the reference, caticaticati

caticaticati 3

I was already enjoying your presence on FML due to your humor and occasional bitchy-ness towards those who deserve it, and this sealed the deal. :)

I'm glad that I could make your time here * that* much more enjoyable :D

Sue him. You can get half because YOU gave him the $20 that won him the $21,000 dollars. Yes, I'm serious! He wants to be a dick, you can be one too.

But which one of the two can afford a lawyer at the moment? :P

This isn't something you can sue for. Just for fun, lets pretend that it was. He would simply claim that he brought the $20. She can't prove she gave it to him.

It most certainly is something you can sue for. You can even win. You don't need to "prove" that you gave him the $20, this isn't a criminal case. You just need to convince a jury that it is more likely than not that you gave him the $20. Seeing as how he is unemployed, its definitely a winnable case. As for lawyer fees, most lawyers in this situation would work on contingency. You wouldn't have to pay them out of pocket, they'd just take a portion of the recovered $$$.

I see that someone is quite fuzzy on the meaning of the word "give". I don't think that the jury is going to be as fuzzy on this meaning as you are, so suing would be a very poor idea.

This is everyones solution for everything.

What the **** would she sue for? She gave him money (legal), he used the money to gamble (legal), he won a bunch of money (legal), he broke up with her (legal). Yes he's a dick but she can't sue him for being selfish. There is no case here whatsoever.

cradle6 13

64- Civil lawsuits don't mean "legal/illegal." that's what criminal cases are for.

natepooch 4

once she gave him the money it became his...note she didn't loan it to him.

No proof to the origins of the money and they're not married. OP is SOL.

sunshyne84_fml 0

He wasn't gonna pay the bills with no job anyway, so what's the problem?

dwright595 0

you want to go out with me sometime?

@ #9, she cant sue him, there's no law saying you have to pay someone back for giving you money. To the op, you deserved this, he's unemployed and living off of you and you allowed it, and gave him money to gamble. Why in the hell would you work two jobs to support you and a grown ass man that isn't doing shit? I cant believe you would be so ignorant you couldn't see that he was using you for money.