By TotallyDeservedIt - 19/05/2016 17:19 - United States - Midlothian

Today, my plan to prank my husband backfired when I forgot about the "pop-its" I left under the toilet seat and set them off. It not only scared the shit out of me, it also woke up my 2 month-old and my grumpy husband. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 068
You deserved it 12 927

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well if they scared the shit out of you I guess it's a good thing they were on the toilet!

Comments

Lol, imagine how even grumpier he'd be if he got up in the middle of the night and set them off. *pats your back* Better luck next time, OP! :)

I tried to think of a witty comment but I couldn't

Well if they scared the shit out of you I guess it's a good thing they were on the toilet!

Depending on how much those pop-its sounded like gunfire, you might be able to pass off the sounds as you fending off a few toilet gators and sending them back to the sewers.

Mathalamus 24

why do you prank your husband, anyway?

deathstroke990 22

because some people like to not be boring

Because some people just want to watch the world burn Mr. Thalamus.

Mathalamus 24

Mr... Thalamus. that's a new one. anyway, i despise pranks, because they are completely unnecessary. if you want some good time fun, there's a million other, better, ways. i also had far too many cruel pranks plated on me to ever allow pranks again.

Its for fun. and i didn't mean to like your comment

SailorSolaris 43

Oh come on! A good prank can make everyone, even the victim, laugh! I love a good prank, as long as it doesn't go overboard. Sorry OP, but YDI this time.

Hope that cleared out your system for awhile

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I do not get today's obsession with pranking your significant other at all. Especially the ones that video it.

anlong93 9

It kinda spices things up, if you're not one of those douche bags who likes to do dangerous ones

I don't get it, either, but it's not just today's generation. A friend of mine's mother -- I think she's now in her 60s -- once filled a bucket with ice water so she could stand on the toilet and dump it over the top of the shower onto her husband while he was washing his hair. She had the foresight to realize she'd probably get wet in this process, so she stripped naked before climbing onto the toilet. However, the toilet lid broke, and it was she who got doused with the ice water as her foot went into the toilet. Her ankle was sprained in the process, and swelled to the point that she couldn't get her foot out. They had to call the paramedics, who had to break the toilet to get her out. All of which is why their family still tells the story, decades later. At least she can laugh about it at this point!

Since you were sitting on the toilet, mission accomplished.

Not really, she missed the target. At best, she can say she was firing for effect.