By purrfect :/ - 07/07/2016 22:34

Today, my future husband presented me with an engagement ring he had had engraved with the pet name he calls his cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 411
You deserved it 1 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So does he have the same pet name for both of you, or did he put the wrong one on the ring because of a mix up at the engravers? Because in my head right now, I'm picturing that the cat's new collar tag says "my love" and your ring says "fluffykins".

One_In_Three 24

Could be worse: the letters could look like Comic Sans, then you have a problem.

Comments

One_In_Three 24

Could be worse: the letters could look like Comic Sans, then you have a problem.

I love my cats, but I'm honestly puzzled about this one... All I can think is WHY???

Keep this. Wear this in loving memory of my cats :)

You just don't appreciate how romantic "For my Fuzzy McFuddlestein" is, OP. It's poetically beautiful.

So does he have the same pet name for both of you, or did he put the wrong one on the ring because of a mix up at the engravers? Because in my head right now, I'm picturing that the cat's new collar tag says "my love" and your ring says "fluffykins".

Unless he calls you by his cat's name, I really hope you didn't say yes.

OP said "my future husband" so she clearly did say yes

The real problem is that men shouldn't own cats. you should have left years ago.

What the hell does gender have to do with owning a cat?! I'm a male cat owner so this comment is completely flawed

Nothing, gender has nothing to do with owning a cat. If the type of pet ownership is how you determine masculinity, I think that says something about you, and it's nothing good. Comes off pretty insecure. "I can't have a cat, that's not manly enough," like wtf?

not a gender thing, no one should have cats. dogs are friendly and actually want your care. Cats are assholes who just want to use you and show no love. cats r gold diggers, dogs, that's real love.

Ok, I'm a dog person, I prefer them over cats, but really, it doesn't matter. People have different preferences, let them have whatever the hell kind of pet they want if it makes them happy. Also, cats do show love, it's just different from dogs because they're a different kind of animal. And I'd consider them the opposite of gold diggers considering they're fiercely independent.

Cats are misunderstood because dumbass dog owners think they can be treated the same way as a dog. Cats are actually closer to people than dogs are. Cats need personal space and they will give you warning signs before they do anything. Inexperienced people tend to not recognize these signs and think the cat randomly decided to attack them. How would you feel if some stranger came up and started rubbing your belly and talking with you like you're a baby? Dogs are friendly with just about anyone, cats on the other hand have a more one on one relationship with you. Don't blame a cat just because you lack the knowledge about them.

Wouldn't dogs be the gold diggers since they rely on their owners and beg?

SteveDudleyUK 10

Obviously your cheapskate fella is using a ring which he has used before. He was engaged to his feline friend in the past and not yet over his love so beware. If truth be known all men love pussy.