By qwerki4 - 28/10/2015 19:29 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was coming home from work and saw an old couple overwhelmed by the number of people at the train station. It was peak hour and I decided to help them. As I went up to them, they said, "Get away, go mug someone else". FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 114
You deserved it 1 676

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If only that line worked every time to prevent mugging. Kind of like "Swiper no swiping"

It's the thought that counts here OP. Not everyone is going to appreciate random acts of kindness.

Comments

Xelon 7

Inb4 "No good deed goes unpunished"

It's people like that that have made people stop wanting to help each other, but at least you tried to do a good deed.

DMA0712 22

You meant well OP. Don't worry too much about it.

If only that line worked every time to prevent mugging. Kind of like "Swiper no swiping"

I've wished this since I was 5. Anyone else a Dora fanatic when they were young?

I wasn't, but my little sister used to love it.

Sorry OP, but it's the thought that counts eh?

It's the thought that counts here OP. Not everyone is going to appreciate random acts of kindness.

And the old people is saying the youth is bad... they're just as bad if not worse..

I think generalizing a group of people is worse...

lexiieeex3 32

They're just being careful, when you're older people tend to take advantage of you more frequently.

But as FML shows, the old people take advantage of the young people just as much.

That's the problem with society today. We hear about everything bad but rarely the good and in turn good deeds get taken the wrong way.

In my head, this exchange is actually super adorable. Sorry your good deed went unnoticed though, OP.

There is this general believe that old people are kind and sweet, but I've been yelled at to the point of tears by the sweetest looking Pixar-worthy elderly. Good for you though OP, you wanted to do something good, maybe next time you'll get a butterscotch ^^

lexiieeex3 32

That Pixar reference makes this comment ten times better.

The Pixar-couple reference made me think of Up.