By julian - 29/09/2018 14:00

Today, I met my daughter's first serious boyfriend, only she forgot to mention he has hypermobility. All I did was shaking his hand normally, but it still dislocated three of his knuckles. My daughter made me call his mother to explain what I did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 636
You deserved it 282

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow. Not wanting him to be sexually active with your daughter is one thing, but to ruin his masturbation is something else!

Hypermobility? Pshaw! Even auto-correct says that’s not a thing. You pulled the old “dad crushes daughter’s boyfriend’s hand” handshake and executed it to perfection. Gotta let those little ***** know that if they mess with your little princess, there’ll be Hell to pay.

Comments

Wow. Not wanting him to be sexually active with your daughter is one thing, but to ruin his masturbation is something else!

Hypermobility? Pshaw! Even auto-correct says that’s not a thing. You pulled the old “dad crushes daughter’s boyfriend’s hand” handshake and executed it to perfection. Gotta let those little ***** know that if they mess with your little princess, there’ll be Hell to pay.

onceuponatime456 16

Read my comment about coincidence! It does exist.

It’s called Ehlors Danilo’s Syndrome and it’s rare.

Danlos * see? Even my autocorrect doesn’t recognize it. It’s rare.

No, not all hypermobility is EDS. Hypermobility is simply the technical term for "double-jointed" and refers to higher than normal flexibility of the cartilage. However, a person doesn't have to have EDS in order to be hypermobile. Ballerinas, gymnasts, contortionists... me... not all have EDS but we sure can be bendy! Though the kid in the story probably does have EDS if his fingers dislocate that easily lol I can dislocate on command but my hips, shoulder and spine are the most likely, which is even funnier considering that I also have moderate arthritis. It is painful in my body.

I have that. my chiro told me. said it explains why my neck is always out of place and why my hips are always off balance and why I have back pain.

Random_Dude55 3

Hello, I have a hypermbility disorder called ehlers danlos syndrome, which causes frequent dislocations. For example, I sublaxed my shoulder by stretching in class, and dislocated my knee last night by laying on my side. Maybe you should google “hypermobility” ,before assuming that because autocorrect separates the word it must not be real.

onceuponatime456 16

Gee what an amazing coincidence that there was a huge news article about Hypermobility just the other day and now someone uses it in an FML! Hahahahahahahahaha

OR your daughter’s BF is a weak wimpy boy that couldn’t execute a manly handshake. That’ll teach him. !! (Is that what a “metro-sexual” guy is? I’m not sure)

I can lean on my fiancé weird and pop his shoulder and or hip out. What about EDS is wimpy?

if that is such a problem they should have let you know. this is not on you and he could have called his mother himself

kmarie22_613e 25

Depending on how badly his fingers were dislocated & which ones, he might not be able to hold the phone or dial it.

My partner has EDS as well. He had to learn how to put his joints back in by a doctor, and now does it all himself. I recommend suggesting to them to get a doctor to teach him how to do it.

Emiweb 9

I have EDS, which it sounds like this guy most likely has. You can be hypermobile, though, and not have issues like dislocations or a medical condition at all. Basically, not everyone with hypermobility has EDS, but everybody with EDS is hypermobile.