By HollyThorne - 23/04/2016 00:35 - Croatia

Today, I'm a 27-year-old back-to-school university student. Everyone hates me because I'm actually interested in participating in my classes and getting good grades, instead of partying, cheating in exams, and generally not giving a crap. Apparently I make them look bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 207
You deserved it 2 353

HollyThorne tells us more.

Hi, this is OP! I'm not doing the whole partying and not giving a crap part because I've already done that when I was their age so now that I'm older I'm more focused on the important stuff like getting a degree. Still, I underdtand where they are coming from, I was also like them when I was 19. Also, I am working as a freelancer on the Internet 30+hr/week so I'm way too busy and tired to get wild! The reason I think the other students don't like me (there are exceptions, of course) is because I really found myself in the field I'm studying now and like to participate in class discussions with questions and my opinions. Also, since I'm older I'm not that intimidated with my professors so I have a more friendly (but still respectful) relationship with them and they like me for my curiosity and interest. Maybe the class think that I'm a smartass or something. But I am super grateful for your support especially now when I'm tired and frustrated with it all and I will keep going for my own well being :)

Top comments

Hey they're just jealous, keep doing your thing. University doesn't last forever and you sound like you're going places.

What school is this? Maybe it's because I went to college, but seeing older people in school is normal. As long as you remain driven and don't let them bother you, you'll do great. Hope your time at school works out and you get an awesome job right after.

Comments

That sucks dude at least you care about school

Set the curve high!! That'll teach 'em.

Good, maybe you will help them get their heads out of their asses in the longer run. You keep kicking ass OP

What school is this? Maybe it's because I went to college, but seeing older people in school is normal. As long as you remain driven and don't let them bother you, you'll do great. Hope your time at school works out and you get an awesome job right after.

In the long run, you'll be better off.

They'll be sorry after you get to graduate when you're suppose to while they're still stuck redoing courses.

Don't worry too much, you'll get the last laugh when they'll all struggle greatly in the real world where you'll be prepared! Furthermore those fools wasting time and money if they don't give a **** about university

Hey they're just jealous, keep doing your thing. University doesn't last forever and you sound like you're going places.

Mobbetta2300 7

OP, trust me, never ever give in to the peer pressure, be proud of yourself for going back, you're a very strong and bold person for that.

This is, aside from not being able to easily afford it, the main reason I decided to wait a year or two upon graduating high school to go to college. I didn't want to put up with the same juvenile shit I did for over a decade of public school, and I knew what I wanted to major in and would work my arse off if I went, because I would probably be paying for most of it. Seriously, focus on your own classes and let your peers waste their time while you improve your quality of life.