This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By momoftheyear - 11/02/2019 00:00

Today, I have to force-feed my crying, screaming, writhing one year old the first bite of every single meal I give her, before she happily and eagerly gobbles down the rest of her food. If we're not home, I have to choose between leaving her whiny and hungry or being suspected of child abuse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 301
You deserved it 160

Top comments

sparx1_1 12

Time to start letting your baby participate in the process. There are baby safe spoons - give her the spoon and let her "help". Dip it into the food and help her get her first bite herself and then start to feed her bites while she also works out how to get her own. Maybe also give her a bowl with a bit of the food in that as well. And yes this gets messy - very messy so have fun with it.

I don’t know if links will show up here, but there’s a really good article about picky eaters you should read here: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-makes-kids-picky-eaters-what-helps-them-get-over-ncna846386 It might give you some tips and an idea about why she’s being so fussy about mealtime. Good luck.

Comments

I don’t know if links will show up here, but there’s a really good article about picky eaters you should read here: https://www.nbcnews.com/better/health/what-makes-kids-picky-eaters-what-helps-them-get-over-ncna846386 It might give you some tips and an idea about why she’s being so fussy about mealtime. Good luck.

Christinegpapas 2

I quit my job due to rude behavier of my boss last month.i did not have any job last month then my best friend told me about this earning system.i joined and now i am earning $75 per hour working from home ? ↓↓↓↓ Open This Web ↓↓↓↓ copy and paste copy and paste>>>>>> w­­­­w­­­­w­­­­.­­­­e­­­­a­­­­s­­­­y­­­­p­­­­r­­­­o­­­­f­­­­i­­­­t­­­­7­­­­.­­­­c­­­­o­­­­m

carey33 15

I have the same problem with my 1 year old! I just have to get a tiny bit of food in his mouth before he’ll accept it and eat!

sparx1_1 12

Time to start letting your baby participate in the process. There are baby safe spoons - give her the spoon and let her "help". Dip it into the food and help her get her first bite herself and then start to feed her bites while she also works out how to get her own. Maybe also give her a bowl with a bit of the food in that as well. And yes this gets messy - very messy so have fun with it.

Stay strong! You’ve got to show them you’re even more stubborn than they are. The battle of wills is starting young!

sparx1_1 12

Great advice if you want your kid to grow up with an eating disorder.

Not going to help but my almost 4 year old is STILL like this. The hangry is so real you have to force feed him the first bite, and then he realizes eating actually fixes his mood and is happy as a clam the rest of the meal.

sparx1_1 12

My sisters kid used to be like that - for her. Because she was so used to meal times with mom being a battle that she was literally having an anxiety attack over it. You might want to try giving your child a small glass of juice or a piece of cheese while you prepare dinner so they aren't miserable from hunger by the time dinner is on the table.

When my daughter was a toddler she was like that first thing in the morning. I figured out her blood sugar level was probably low. I would give her a single teaspoon of honey which was a lot easier to get into her than food or juice. Then her mood immediately got better and she would eat her breakfast. So it became part of the routine. When she was older it was no longer necessary.

MagpieRH 2

Sounds a little bit like baby has learned this is how it starts, and it's becoming habit. Maybe find a new way of introducing feeding time if you can. Just a thought :)

As much absolute respect as I have for anyone who can parent, it's posts like these that make me glad I have the maternal instincts of a brick.