By Brain_fart - 18/09/2017 05:00 - United States - Salt Lake City

Today, I found out that both of my cats are afraid of mice. So far I've seen them run and hide from 3 different mice who've recently invaded my apartment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 199
You deserved it 350

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Those poor cats have been watching too many cartoons where the mice win. They've seen what Jerry can do to Tom.

Clean up and secure food sources, identify and seal entrances, and either use SAFE live capture traps or ones that kill as quickly as possible. For the love of mercy, DO NOT use sticky traps- they are horrifically inhumane, and also very unsafe if you have pets. Animals have ripped limbs off trying to get loose from them, and even ripped off their entire undersides trying to get free. You could possible try a super sonic noise generator designed to drive away mice and rats, but your cats may not tolerate that.

Comments

Clean up and secure food sources, identify and seal entrances, and either use SAFE live capture traps or ones that kill as quickly as possible. For the love of mercy, DO NOT use sticky traps- they are horrifically inhumane, and also very unsafe if you have pets. Animals have ripped limbs off trying to get loose from them, and even ripped off their entire undersides trying to get free. You could possible try a super sonic noise generator designed to drive away mice and rats, but your cats may not tolerate that.

bigtwobah 6

In 90% of cases, apartments invaded by mice are super messy. Clean up!

My place is always clean. it's the neighbors

Those poor cats have been watching too many cartoons where the mice win. They've seen what Jerry can do to Tom.

Your cats are *******! I’m sorry you had to scroll down this far to reach this gem. It was like a fast ball over the middle of the plate — I don’t know why the previous batters didn’t swing at it.

Lobby_Bee 17

Stop feeding your cats and I'll guarantee they'll hunt those dirty bastards down in no time.

Clean up your house, OP! I know a few seconds of googling would've lead you to the same conclusion, but I consider it my duty to provide sage wisdom in response to humorous stories—no matter how obvious that wisdom is or how unlikely it is that you posted this with the hopes of getting unsolicited advice.

Get a mouse toy and play with it til their instinct wakes up. Eventually, they will play with the mice, and "accidentally" kill them.

really_dad? 14

Get a bigger and harder cat. Keep your pussy in line

My cat was scared of his own tail...and we live in a country where in summer all the lovely cockroaches come out from hell!!! And he would freak out and run away! My other cat would play with them/ try to eat them and we had to stop him from ingesting it. Try setting a mouse trap and seal any possible entrance. We had a few mice come in from holes in the walls or vents and once sealed it stopped. Keep food off counters and the place more or less clean so they don't come for food we found the mouse sitting in a bag nibbling on toast with no worry in the world...

onceuponatime456 16

Why would you expect and indoors apartment cat to know what to do with a mouse???