By alternativefacts - 10/07/2017 14:28

Today, I confronted my neighbor because he'd been telling my kids that global warming was a myth. He responded with, "Whine all you want, but the swamp is draining and your bullshit liberal narrative is finally going down." He then dumped his trash on my lawn and retreated to his house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 939
You deserved it 1 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I believe that could count as vandalism. Look into laws in your state and find out. Also, tell him to stay away from your kids, and see if there's anyway you can get legal backing behind it. The fact he's apparently targeting your children to try to brainwash them is very disturbing.

catkat1988 17

Get your revenge - tell his kids ALL about evolution! Or even better - let them know that the Earth is actually round!

Comments

I believe that could count as vandalism. Look into laws in your state and find out. Also, tell him to stay away from your kids, and see if there's anyway you can get legal backing behind it. The fact he's apparently targeting your children to try to brainwash them is very disturbing.

catkat1988 17

Get your revenge - tell his kids ALL about evolution! Or even better - let them know that the Earth is actually round!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tell your kids that that nasty neighbor is a mythological creature and that everything he says should be ignored because he doesn't really exist.

You should teach your kids that if that neighbor talks to them, the need to yell, “Stranger Covfefe!” Or burn down his house and Make the Neighborhood Great Again. #MNGA

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

and you as the donkey that you are deserves a beat down. you are young and dumb. don't worry I was the same way when i was 21. but then I woke up to the real world. Hope that you can find your way out of your bigoted hole

species4872 19
CrazyTrainWreck 19

I don't seem to recall anywhere in the FML saying they were liberal. I must have missed that part.

species4872 19

His neighbour is likley not wrong, from http://www.climatedepot.com, July 5, 2017. The defamation lawsuit brought by climatologist Dr. Michael E. Mann—one of the creators of the famed “hockey-stick graph” that shows a recent spike in world temperatures Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann – ‘Commits contempt of court’ Prominent alarmist shockingly defies judge and refuses to surrender data for open court examination. Only possible outcome: Mann’s humiliation, defeat and likely criminal investigation in the U.S. The defendant in the libel trial, the 79-year-old Canadian climatologist, Dr Tim Ball is expected to instruct his British Columbia attorneys to trigger mandatory punitive court sanctions, including a ruling that Mann did act with criminal intent when using public funds to commit climate data fraud.

alordslums 2

there are two courses of action, regardless of whoever is right. one - is switch to cleaner energy, act consciously, recycle, etc. two - keep doing as we are now, burning fossil fuel, creating waste, polluting. i have a feeling that in 50 years or so we'll see which side was right. so let's say we chose option two, but then find out man-made global warming was all a scam - what do we lose? some jobs in non-renewable energy.... (but gained in renewable sector)... apart from that? a few fatcats less rich? everywhere is still cleaner and better. and if we find out it was all true, and we chose option one? then mankind will have made the worst mistake of eternity, and there'll be no going back.

maroongrad 13

ONLY in the US, and ONLY after something like $30 million spent since 1970 claiming this, is climate change/global warming even up for debate. Literally, and I mean this very literally, LITERALLY every other country in the world, no exceptions, understands it is happening and the science behind it. Too many Americans are absolute suckers for propaganda and have no concept of how science works.

Meanwhile, Louisiana is loosing about a football field-sized area of land mass a day to coastal erosion, and Mangroves are replacing the native grasslands.

species4872 19

Mangroves, wonderful places. Natures biological cleaners and nurseries for fish fry. As far as your erosion check Wiki, viz...The process of coastal erosion is the result of various factors, particularly the blockage of traditionally occurring deposits of fresh water and silt from the river caused by man-made levees which have been built up and down most of the river over the last century, which now impede the river's ability to replenish its southernmost alluvial plains which are constantly dependent on the infusion of the river's once plentiful deposits which usually occurred during annual high stage floods in the springtime,

Yes global warming is real Never mind the fact of how a volcano pumps a 100 times the greenhouse gasses as mind kind. It is our less than 1% that's making the planet warm Also disregard the medieval maps showing no ice on Antarctica. They had Aliens with ice penetrating radar to make those. Never mind as the glaciers recede archaeologist are finding Bronze Age mines and medieval ruins. Those were inhabited by ice people, who lived in the ice. And the Romans were stupid and built ports miles from the ocean. It's not due to the fact that the ocean level was higher during the Roman Empire. Forget that England used to be so warm, it was great for vineyards. Forget the scientist of the past that recorded the temperatures as being higher. That Isaac Newton was in idiot. Global warming is not due to the end of mini ice age that struck the planet in the 1700's. It's man made. Don't believe the archaeologist, ancient ruins, maps, or scientific notes. Believe the climatologist who properly adjust the temperature readings higher. To correct their Instruments and prove global warming.

I'm an archaeologist, and you're an idiot. Climate change is real, and it's man made.

You are a filthy liar! When Mt. St. Helen's exploded (the most significant volcanic event in decades), it released about the same amount of CO2 as humans do EVERY, SINGLE DAY. A simple mass balance shows that the human-generated CO2 is about twice as much as the Earth's capacity to maintain a stable level. Climate change is established science, and anyone who denies it is either corrupt or a liar.

Why do you need to confront anyone over an opinion you disagree with? Considering that the planet has been alternately ice free and covered in glaciers almost to the equator, over the course of billions of years, there is no way that it's only a human activity problem. Climate change - yes. Global warming from human activity - lots of room for error and bad research. It's more likely that the things you believe are wrong, than the things he believes.

He "confronted" him because he is wrong. It's funny that you don't see the hypocrisy in your comment since you confronted him with your opinion and you're defending that guy's neighbor who confronted his kids. Climate change is real so you should stop being a brain dead hypocrite.

He "confronted" him because he is wrong. It's funny that you don't see the hypocrisy in your comment since you confronted him with your opinion and you're defending that guy's neighbor who confronted his kids. Climate change is real so you should stop being a brain dead hypocrite.

Hailstorm92 10

I think it's funny how in 1970 it was being called global cooling lol but everybody got their opinions rather global warming is a big deal or not even if it's not something new to this earth. It's happened before lol.