By zachadams - 16/09/2013 21:03 - United States - Buffalo

Today, at a family party, my uncles were complimenting my mom on her pies. I cooked them. She took all the credit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 623
You deserved it 3 506

Same thing different taste

Comments

Don't you just hate it when that happens...

She can have fun doing all the dishes and cleaning up the mess by herself . That's what I would tell her (:

I would have yelled, "Oh gross, mom! One of your grey hairs fell in!"

I baked a cake for my cousin's birthday. It took me about 12 hours of hard work. I tend to be a Facebook *****, so I took pictures of me buying the ingredients with my friend, decorating the cake, wrote down the recipe for some friends, and posted it in an album. I am clearly in most of the pictures. Later, when the cake was being eaten, my family thanked my aunt for bringing the cake. My aunt said, "Oh, it was homemade." My aunt tried to take credit for the cake, while I am standing there fuming. Then, I got on my phone, and in front of 25 family members, walked around showing the album off. By the end everyone was looking at my aunt like she was crazy and me like I was a bitch for putting her on the spot. If you have a huge problem with it, Op, then take pictures of you making the pies, put them in your phone, and show them to anyone who believes what your mother did. You might look crazy, but I hate when my hard work is credited to someone else, especially ungrateful, lying family members.

AlicSkywalker 6

So, a credit on a pie is more important than a good relationship between your relative? Unless your aunt is an jackass like that all the time, I have to say you are just a very very small person without any generosity. The only person you need to inform of the situation is your cousin, and I am pretty sure he/she knows it when you brought the cake to his/her house and wished him/her happy birthday. If you didn't do that, I really don't know why you were in that party and YDI.

But don't give her the cherry on top, 'cause bitches don't deserve cherries on top.

Who puts fruit on top of pies? It usually goes in the pie.

nikkiluvzglen 16

Cause nothing is as funny as a pie in the face Sorry old childhood VHS tape reference, just had to say it

Yeah, so she can taste it, with her face :D

Maybe you should be more humble about your pies.

Why does OP need to be humbled? OP made them, not his/her mom. The mom should have said, "Thank you but my son/daughter made them all and I'm really proud/impressed by him/her."

#4 was making a hidden joke about "humble pie". :P Perhaps you never heard of the expression?

I have not, 22. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I grew up in a sheltered life haha (sadly, it's true).

You should of just spoke up and said thank you I made them so they knew it was you and not you're mom.

ghil15 8

or atleast she should be thankful his uncle like the pie even thou they did not know OP made it

#31, here we go then!! *should have. *spoken. *"thank you, i made them". *your. :-)

bettyboop428 24

If you are going to correct someone else, at least capitalize 'I'.

#5, alternatively, she could announce that they've run out of pies and oh-so-sweetly request her mom whip up some more in front of everyone and teach them her culinary skill. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

atrandom 11

At least you know that you bake pie very well.

Tell her to explain the recipe step by step.

Next time put laxatives in the pies your mom takes credit for.

Spider_Web 11

Then she'd give OP all the credit..can't win with those type of people