By Lifes_overated - 23/09/2009 14:10 - Australia

Today, at a bus stop my friend told me that he loved me. I, reacting on impulse, told him how long I've wanted to hear him say that, and kissed him. Then I realised the look on his face. Turns out he'd said 'I need new shoes' not 'I love you.' FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 056
You deserved it 48 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Conkers 0

Buy him new shoes, then he'll love you too?

How on Earth did you manage to get those mixed up? o_O

Comments

Conkers 0

Buy him new shoes, then he'll love you too?

Zhejan 0

At least it was from the bottom of your sole

HahaYDI 0

This reminds me of the family guy episode where Stewie says "I love you" to Brian, and then Stewie said "Um I said OLIVE juice." Random but I always turn to Family Guy for references.

First Stewie didn't say anything, he mouthed it. And second I'm pretty sure he mouthed "**** you". _______________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

first yes he did. and second yea he did that also

greenltrn2003 0

#13 as much as I hate ppl that respond to the first comment just for views...that was funny as ****

Hey theres tons of children on here ^^ i hope you feel big yours sincerly the pleb

Who are you to tell them what to do, **** you too

RubixMonkey 0

I do feel big, I just started a moral conversation.

RubixMonkey 0

Thank you. And to all the children on here, Aunt Rubix says to learn to curse properly. Your parents might think it is bad, but Aunt Rubix never lies. Have a ******* lolly and go kick someone in the balls. Oh children they make the future so bright. I mean Fuc*ing bright.

You made me laugh, though I had no clue what you said.

DeadMansCrack 4

Hey Starchild, Stewie did do that, you're thinking of another Family Guy episode, lol. OP, I think you're getting a tad desperate.

not desperate, maybe she actually loved him lol, of course you cant really love someone til you date them for a while can you? hahaha, he didn't even like the kiss? what ungraceous douche.

#100 is right. In one episode (the one with Eliza), Stewie said, "If your hearing is so good, hear this." He mouths "**** you" and Brian says, "I'm telling." Stewie then says, "No, I said 'vacuum'!" The other episode (where Stewie tans and thinks he gets skin cancer), Stewie and Brian are ballroom dancing and Stewie whispers into his ear, "I love you." Brian asks what he said, so Stewie says, "Um, 'olive juice'..." Family Guy FTW.

your profile picture is a shoe. that makes ur response as funny as hell, considering the context

decoybag 0

I'm not saying this is fake.....but....there's soooooOOOOOooooo many FMLs like this already!

How on Earth did you manage to get those mixed up? o_O

Sun_Kissed18 25

I'm having a hard time with that as well... no matter how many times i say "I need new shoes" outloud, I can't even begin to imagine how that would be mistaken for "I love you" but whatever.. sometimes we only hear what we WANT to hear. By the sound of it, OP REALLY wanted him to say it lol so sucks for youu

CheshireHalli 19

Maybe he mumbled. That's the way I would think she may be able to hear it....

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

The only way I can see this happening is if the OP was thinking about him declaring his love. Sometimes we can only hear what we want to hear. :3

60: "sometimes we only hear what we WANT to hear. By the sound of it, OP REALLY wanted him to say it" 105: "OP was thinking about him declaring his love. Sometimes we can only hear what we want to hear" Great originality there. Note this comment has no originality either, only derision.

if you mumble " i need new shoes" fast enuff it does kinda sound lik i luv u, but still da OP shud hav said huh and none of that stuff wud hav happened. its bad grammer but it wud hav saved her dignity

I've done it before except the person who said it to me stated "I like your shoes" I almost replied with I love you too but was so shocked that I just sat there like an idiot until he repeated it... So ya OP I understand:)

CODplayer4lyfe 24

I'm assuming that since they're at a bus stop there are cars going by, and one was going by when he said "I need new shoes" making it sound like "I love you." But that's all I got

i need new shoes, i love you Sounds familiar, ever thought about hearing aid?

Um if this is real, I feel really sorry for you OP, but how in the world do you mishear "I need new shoes" as "I love you"?? No matter what accent I try it in, it doesn't work. And I know what your accent sounds like, so I don't see how it works.

Maybe she wasn't really paying attention? ;P Ah..i dunno.

She's so desperate the he could have said anything and she would have thought he said "I love you."

hazelwolfeyes 0

o.o im so sorry...i had to laugh...but that so sucks. LOL i actually kinda told the guy i like through a questionaire thingy that i loved him...-_- never thought hed read...he read it... just pretend like it didnt happen...eventually hell pretend it didnt happen n it will all go back to somewhat normal...or your gonna find a new friend...hope it goes well for you... :)

If you hated his shoes so much, you should have told him earlier. If it made you so happy that he admitted he needed new ones that you kissed him, you're hatred of the old ones must have been festering for a long time. Too long to be healthy.

Oh Plexico, not you too! :( I always respected you for your good spelling (oh and your troll comments are ok too); why did you have to fail me now?

Lol. *Whiteouts plexi's mistake* There. Shhhh. It never happened.

****! I got a your/you're wrong! Damn me to Hell! I apologize to all the young people out there whom I let down. "You're" is the contraction for "you are." "Your" is an adjective meaning "belonging to you." It should have been "your hatred." I stand corrected.

andlifesuxagain 0

Aww. BTW, guys, I have a tiny ****. Lol.

YesyDidWhat 0