By nothingpersonalmate - 04/11/2018 05:10

Today, my mom decided to let my sandwich spoil instead of refrigerating it. I spent half an hour vomiting and my mom thinks it's funny. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 360
You deserved it 737

stillnothingpersonalmate tells us more.

stillnothingpersonalmate 2

Hello all, I only mashed the keyboard for the password on my old account and have now made this. Anyway, I may have left something out here: this was not my sandwich and I'd crashed out and can't refridgerate it. As I was going to get my own food, my mom told me don't bother, I will get you a sandwich. How nice! I crashed instead. But I did not know that she wanted to leave the house so badly she just left it out at room temp without telling me. Even if I am at fault for not asking her to wake up, I still don't appreciate her thinking all this is funny.

Top comments

Why couldn’t you put it in the fridge yourself?

Wait like... what was the sandwich made of and how many days was it out of the fridge? Because (in my experience at least), unless it's hella hot out, shit doesn't spoil THAT quickly.

Comments

Nhayaa 21

Why are you so mean to OP? You don't even know what happened... Maybe he went to school for the day or something and his mom made him a sandwich in the morning for when he gets home and she didn't put it in the fridge... how is he supposed to know?

OP's mom here -- we're both regular FML readers. I'm not sure if this counts as a followup or not; I'll let the mods decide. He didn't put the sandwich in the fridge because he was asleep, and I didn't put it in the fridge because I didn't think he would sleep so long. We parents left the house after providing the sandwich, so I wasn't present to notice that he was sleeping a long time. This was a Subway sandwich. It had no condiments, just meat/cheese/veg/bread, so I'm not convinced it was genuinely spoiled. It sat out for about two hours, so it's possible, I guess. You'd think it would have tasted off, though. Although I'm not sure why he was queasy, I didn't think it was funny. I also didn't freak out, since he was fine by the time his dad and I got home, and he didn't actually vomit -- just felt nauseated. I may have chuckled in friendly sympathy a few times, which (feeling ill) he might well have misinterpreted. That's my only guess on why he thought I thought it was funny. I do think it counts as an FML, though. He was expecting a fun evening with no parents around to cramp his style, and ended up feeling sick for much of it. F his L, for sure.

Is it bad that I think it's funny? I have a reputation to uphold.

stillnothingpersonalmate 2

Hello all, I only mashed the keyboard for the password on my old account and have now made this. Anyway, I may have left something out here: this was not my sandwich and I'd crashed out and can't refridgerate it. As I was going to get my own food, my mom told me don't bother, I will get you a sandwich. How nice! I crashed instead. But I did not know that she wanted to leave the house so badly she just left it out at room temp without telling me. Even if I am at fault for not asking her to wake up, I still don't appreciate her thinking all this is funny.

I decline to have a public flamewar with my son ... but, no, I didn't think it was funny. That's just not true.

PenguinPal3017 19
GUYMAINE 16
TheBlueBee 9

Then get ready because payback should be the first thing on your agenda

Stan_The_Man 7

If you’re old enough to use Social Media, you’re old enough to to take care of your own sandwiches.

Blunt person 16

You couldn't have put it in the fridge yourself? Lazy c u n t

randybryant799 20

A sandwich would have to be left out for quite awhile before it spoiled. Also if it was so spoiled it made you sick it would have tasted funny. Maybe next time make your own sandwich.