By hcditfi5foygy - 23/07/2018 19:04

Today, my crush confessed their love for me, and I happily told them that I felt the same way. They looked uncomfortable, so I asked why. Apparently they'd been paid to prank me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 479
You deserved it 279

Same thing different taste

Top comments

chris_lillo 15

Should have replied "aw I'm glad because I was just feeling sorry for you" and walked away. Don't let this bring you down

Being paid to mess with someone's feelings is downright cruel.

Comments

Been there. Also been catfished, and called a stalker despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It hurts. A lot.

Well maybe if you hadn't followed someone around for 8 years.

That's a very arbitrary figure. How long were you sat at your computer for trying to pick a number that seemed random, but would make me appear to be extra creepy? Oh, and to reiterate, I'm no stalker.

There was a previous FML that the guy stalked OP for 8 years.

It’s a reference to an earlier story. If you want to have a snowball’s chance to make Meta Comment of the Week, you must commit recent stories to memory!

My memory is so bad, I'd forget my own name if it wasn't for my colleagues, and roommate.

chris_lillo 15

Should have replied "aw I'm glad because I was just feeling sorry for you" and walked away. Don't let this bring you down

Being paid to mess with someone's feelings is downright cruel.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

You propably dodged a bullet there. Someone who would mess with somebody elses feelings for money... I don't know if I wanted to be friends with someone like that. Not to speak of in a relationship...

FishyFishy 12

And that's called self inflicted embarrassment!

How is that self inflicted?? I wonder how you get into relationships but people usually tell each other that they like each other. That includes both people...

PenguinPal3017 19

“Hey, cheapskate, take me out to dinner with the money you made for jerking me around.” You’ll be telling this story to your grandkids.

"And that is how I met your mother..."

bluhbluhbluh 14

Take that money as a consolation prize.

OP - Today you discovered your crush is a jerk, and whoever paid them is an even bigger jerk. That’s sad and upsetting. But now you should write off that crush and hopefully move on to someone who might reciprocate your feelings. That’s one of the hard lessons in life - Not everyone we think we love or like will return those feelings. That’s why it’s best to move just one step at a time. If we see the person is interested and receptive then you can move to the next step. If they aren’t you do not come off as way too eager or as a potential stalker.

Why does this high school trash keep getting posted

Emma Marshall 19

Are they in primary school? What grown person does that