By Double Standard - 12/10/2018 08:30 - United States - Menasha

Today, my boss yelled at me for having Facebook open at work. That's fine, I closed it and continued on with my work. In a meeting later on I could see the reflection of my boss's laptop screen in a mirror behind her desk. For two hours, I watched her scroll through her Facebook feed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 883
You deserved it 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

One thing I learned about the workplace is that there will always be double standards between the boss and those who are lower. All you can do is accept the fact and move on.

onceuponatime456 16

Comments

One thing I learned about the workplace is that there will always be double standards between the boss and those who are lower. All you can do is accept the fact and move on.

Or snap a quick photo of it and call her out on it.

Yeah, see how well that goes. In my experience, it backfires.

onceuponatime456 16

You know the way you call her your boss? That means there's a different standard...

Mathalamus 24

If both you and your boss do your work flawlessly, there isn't anything wrong...

It’s good to be the boss! If this bugs you so much, start your own company and be the boss.

My manager once lectured me for having a phone on me at work (even though it's always in my pocket and kept on silent) I only have it in case of emergency, especially since the store's phones aren't able to make out going calls. Not a good enough reason, apparently. Even worse, I later saw the same manager happily chatting on her cell during the slow hours of work. Basically, whatever rules or standards apply to you, don't apply to your boss. Sucks, I know.

I once worked with this girl under me (I was assistant manager), and she used to get on to me and others for being on their phones but would have hers out watching YouTube, even when customers were there needing help.

I wanna call them out on bs they lecture u about a phone and go behind your back and chat on their phone

“Do as I say, not as I do.” Ik a few people like that.

Well, she's the boss, so she makes the rules. You shouldn't be on Facebook at work regardless unless it's work-related. Hypocritical bosses are nothing new.

this FML reminds me of my workplace. We have a zero-tolerance cell phone policy for all staff. except for the boss, she says she needs to have the phone on here and may even be using it because she's the boss, and should have it on here at all times. OP, just accept that she's the boss and move on. You shouldn't be wasting your precious time on Facebook anyways. nothing on there but nonsense and cat pictures.