This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By UnknownRelationshipStatus - 19/01/2019 00:00

Today, it's Christmas. I don't know if I'm single or in a relationship. My partner doesn't want to split but he's also not making an effort to save the relationship. We haven't spoken or seen each other in over two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 382
You deserved it 240

Top comments

It sounds to me like maybe you should be the one to end it. That’s no way to live, and your partner isn’t being fair to you by leaving things in limbo.

That’s different tho. If your in a long distance relationship at least you talk on the phone or communicate in other ways even though you don’t see each other. OP makes it sound like they have not had any form of communication in 2 weeks

Comments

It sounds to me like maybe you should be the one to end it. That’s no way to live, and your partner isn’t being fair to you by leaving things in limbo.

No. Today is most definitely not Christmas, believe it or not.

There is some lag between when a story is submitted and when it gets published. Also between when it happens and when it is written. Christmas wasn't that long ago.

fde2blknimout 18

Yeah. You know. And stop referring to your whatever as partner.

they're already gone.. sorry, but I've been there. if someone can not see you for 2 weeks they definitely are not in love anymore.

Not necessarily. My boyfriend and I are long distance, and we went a month without seeing each other because neither of us had a way to get to the other. That doesn’t mean we need to break up. It all depends on the situation.

TxKitten79 10

My husband and I were long distance for a long time. But we talked every day, we sent pics every day, and we often video chatted. We both worked and I was also in college. so...yeah. her "partner" has checked out and lost interest. Time to end it officially.

That’s different tho. If your in a long distance relationship at least you talk on the phone or communicate in other ways even though you don’t see each other. OP makes it sound like they have not had any form of communication in 2 weeks

TxKitten79 10

You're single. Time to make it official.

Why is it his decision? He’s had time to chime in. How long are you planning to wait around?

UnknownRelationshipStatus 4

This is a classic d*ck move. The two of you are broken up, he just doesn’t want to say it first, because then he’s the bad guy who broke your heart, if you say it then it’s not his fault... even though he’s doing everything i his power to destroy what little is left of the relationship.

UnknownRelationshipStatus 4

I did say it. He didn't want to believe it/wanted to fix things... Then didn't.

tounces7 27

He has someone else, and he's just waiting to see if that moves forward before he cuts you off or not yet.

UnknownRelationshipStatus 4

He didn't have anyone else... And sadly, that would have probably been a good thing if he did! Lol He has relationship issues... By his account, I was the first person not to use and abuse him.