By Howhardisittoclosethefuckingdooryouidiot - 05/01/2018 09:00 - United States

Today, I discovered that my obese 57-year-old mother’s flat-out refusal to close the door when she uses the bathroom doesn’t change even when I have friends over. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 714
You deserved it 454

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So would it be ok if she wasn't obese? and is this something she just started?

Comments

But seriously, you should just close it for her. If she complains, oh well.

it says 'flat out refusal' which suggests to me that she won't stand for it being closed by someone else.

gobiteme2 34

Should have called himself "Open door"

you just discovered this? can she get the door closed? maybe she smells funny and needs some ventilation. you could close the door for her.

Sorry OP but if you don’t like it, move out. Even if you are a teenager, you grew up with it so it should not be a surprise now.

So would it be ok if she wasn't obese? and is this something she just started?

I suppose she takes pride in her creations.

She’s probably doing it on purpose to encourage you to move out

If she's 57, you are probably at least 22 years old. Time to grow up, get a real job, and move into a place where your mom won't be using the bathroom except for when she visits. Problem solved, and you're welcome.

When my parents were 57, my sibling was just a 16-year-old high school student! Some people have kids late!

In the Netherlands it's pretty common that kids live with their parents until they graduate. It saves you a lot of money and you have more time to focus on your study since you don't have to run a household. So if op is in a similar situation I can understand why he doesn't move out.

Suaria 38

My mom had my sister when she was 40. So when my mom is 57, my sister will be 17. I knew a guy who's mom had him at 50. So some people do have kids late. Not everyone has kids between 18-39.

manb91uk 22

Maybe she was hoping to be a MILF instead of a MIRWLF

DingusGinger 19

I feel you, whole family does it, my mother's 38, my dad's 39, and my sister is 17. the only one who shuts the door when people are over is my sister, but I wish you best of luck.

They sound like the type who also eats on the toliet....

DingusGinger 19

Honestly, yeah they do, I have one memory each of them doing that. Bless that my eyes haven't seen anything like that recently.

thatslifeiguess7 16

How old are you? If over 18 try moving. Or tell your friends to have you over there