This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Jess - 22/10/2018 17:30

Today, I asked a couple who had been double charged whether they wanted a refund or an exchange. They began yelling about how I needed to give them their money back and that it was my fault. They then demanded that I be fired for being rude when I clarified what "refund or exchange" meant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 419
You deserved it 114

Top comments

Mega Firebeast 8

As a McDonald's employee, I sympathize with you.

Comments

Mega Firebeast 8

As a McDonald's employee, I sympathize with you.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Is it as tough as people say it is?

cazziuz1983 9

More so, wait till someone orders a McGangBang, and you have to exsplain there is no secret menu and that is not a item you can ring up.

My sister worked at McDonald's. One time she was verbally abused for having the customer repeat the order.

LaughingKoala 13

What did they think you meant?

mom541 1

Why would you ask them if they wanted an exchange if they were double charged. If I get double charged I want a refund.

They were mad because they couldn’t figure out which one was code for “three-way in the back room.”

when someones double charged you should always just refund them. maybe comp them something, but that depends on company policy

I used to work at a movie theater as the manager, and I got verbally abused a lot. Once was because a family showed up 15 minutes late to their movie, walked in to the wrong one, then got mad when I wouldn’t refund them after it was over (policy was no refunds after the movie plays for 30 minutes). I also got yelled at for the owner opening late during the school year due to all the workers having class in the morning.

Ladies and gentleman...retail in a nutshell.