By egc573 - 24/06/2012 23:39 - United States - Fullerton

Today, at a party, I told a joke to my crush. He didn't even smile. An hour later, I heard my model friend tell the exact same joke to him. He said it was the funniest thing he'd ever heard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 629
You deserved it 2 763

egc573 tells us more.

egc573 40

You guys are great. If I was broken up about this at all, I'd feel much better from a lot of the comments. I'd been flirting with this guy for a while, and this was the coldest he'd ever been to me. He met my friend that very night and wanted to get laid is all. But joke's on him--the friend's engaged! As for the whole maybe my friend told the joke better thing, it's not the kind of joke that needs a bunch of buildup and then a big punchline. It was more of a sarcastic comment-type thing. She didn't tell it any better than I did.

Top comments

Goddess_Rummy 13

Well now you know they are superficial and not worth your time. You can find better.

Classic douchebag: Thinking with the dick.

Comments

theten_fml 9

Joke are just funnier when told behind a nice rack.

Aw* Sorry just aw isn't spellchecked for me, and FML has actually ****** up my spelling in the real world.

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

Well at least you found out this early that he's a jerk. Don't even bother. Be glad all that was wasted on him was a split second and a good joke. I'm sorry that happened, OP.

unknown_user5566 26

12- So THAT'S why no one laughs at my jokes!

45- your picture begs the differ. I'm pretty sure you'd get lots of laughs.

Actually If you type aw as you put it one word or look in the dictionary it says awe. So before you correct someone make sure you know what your talking about.

KiddNYC1O 20

Those eyes make up for it, #45!

66 - the "awe" in the dictionary wouldn't be of proper context in 1's use. The dictionary "awe" is used like, "To be in awe of." whereas "aw" would just be like "Aw, I'm sorry." But really, I'm just trying to wrap up the debate, because I don't care about spelling one way or another, as long as you can make out what a person is saying, and it's legible.

You're pretty. Guys are just jerks. That's why I wanted to date more girls .-. The girls I like aren't as superficial as most, and they aren't in it just for sex.

46- I have to point out you're correcting me and say 'know what YOUR talking about.'

unknown_user5566 26

63 & 69- All right, it's settled then. I obviously need to become a stand-up comedian. ;)

s3ction8 0

Everybody is so hung up on looks. Did you ever think that your delivery just sucked?

IsAbElLiCiA20 6

and the reason it says awe like that isnt because its the sympathetic awe, it just means they're amazed by whatever it is. so before you correct someone, you should check that out as well.

Goddess_Rummy 13

Well now you know they are superficial and not worth your time. You can find better.

blcksocks 19

Actually women are no different. Don't tell me you haven't seen a girl laughing at the silliest joke a guy said just coz she likes the guy.

DontModMeDammit 10

Everyone is dissing the guy, when we don't even know the whole situation, for all we know the guy has liked the friend for a while. Just because the other girl is a model doesn't mean everyone only likes her for her looks.

Yeah but we all know that jokes are funnier when pretty girls tell them.

kewlkate 9

Annnddd... This is where OP comes in and tells us what the joke was :)

No no silly 31 ! Doosh and douche sound COMPLETELY different said out loud ! I prefer saying it doosh, got a bit of a ring to it. ;) Don't worry 4 I'm with you!

We can tell you're being sarcastic, but you're trying too hard. When that happens, the funny dies.

You're talking about a guy who has deadmause as a dp. (nothing wrong, love deadmause) but that spelling is off.. Just sayin..

YOUR spelling is off 65. Deadmause? Do you like Skillrex too?

ChickInGreenVans 12

Lol it's only funny because you spelled "douche" wrong.

Skrillex is okay too. Favorite song: First of the year Equinox. Deadmau5: Raise your weapon

dsbs 9

I never knew the sound of dial up Internet could become music.

Daftendirekt1 0

126 - I can see your taste in electronic music is clearly a long and intricate one. Who's your favourite dubstep artist? Mine's Daft Punk. Although they did steal Kanye's Stronger... *Sarcasm*

You dodged a bullet there OP. He's not even worth your time. You can do better!

Classic douchebag: Thinking with the dick.

TheDrifter 23

Many of us have been blessed with two heads to do our thinking, but only enough blood to operate one at a time. It seems he is one of those people.

AphyTheBronette 15

You must be a Robin William's fan :D

AFloppyWetWhale 6

Mhmm he's using the wrong head :D

Sounds more like he's thinking with his head to me. Knowing when to laugh and when not to laugh, yep, that required logic and rational thought, good on him :D How do you know he doesn't just find the OP to be a really annoying person? Maybe he doesn't even like her as a person and wants to ensure she is aware of it. Or maybe he's picked up on her vibes of interest and is trying to distance himself somehow. Or the obvious, maybe the joke just isn't funny and he's trying to give indications of interest of his own.

Why is it that girls always pick those guys. This isn't a FML, this is a thank god I realized he's a douche bag.

Sinamoi 18

Well here it appears OP didn't know that side of him. She didn't intentionally pick a douche. The FML is built on that; "Wow, the person I like is an asshole."

That's happened to all of us I think at one point.

ss_20_xx 14

Unless you've always been the "model."

cicpjaky 6

Maybe he got it the second time around? them again he might just like the model girl..