By Jojo - 08/05/2019 16:00

Today, after months of planning, my boyfriend told me he's changed his mind and doesn’t want to move with me to where I got a job. Why? He doesn’t want to live that far away from his mother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 883
You deserved it 274

Same thing different taste

Top comments

julfunky 29

Wow, the amount of people who believe wanting to live near your family is a red flag is ridiculous. His partner is not the only person he’s allowed to care about. Though the waiting 8 months to tell you that? That’s ridiculous.

This. And OP also doesn't say how far they were planning on moving. There's a huge difference between 'an hour' (or a few hours) and 'other side of the country/thousands of miles' away. I agree he should have mentioned it earlier, but it's also possible that he thought he would be okay with the distance but as D-day arrive, he realized it's a huge issue for him.

Comments

Lucky O'Guin 18

How many months? 2, 6, 18? How old are you and your boyfriend? Does he have job prospects there? Will he have other friends nearby? Is it a few hours or a few thousand miles? We don't know enough about the situation to be judging anyone or calling names.

ninesouls 6

just cause he loves his mama doesn't make him bad news. my mother committed suicide when I was 15, my dad however is still alive and I won't move away from him he's old, and I'm the only sibling out of us that lives close to him. don't judge this gentlemen because he loves his mother at least he has one. and by the way, you probably won't last any way. what if his mom is sick or got sick? what then? are you gonna judge him because he wants to take care of his mom? fts I'd get rid of you before I moved in with yuu. girls are replaceable mom's are not. remember that.

its understandably if his mom is elderly or has medical problems. I know my mom has both and I wouldnt want to move to far from her in case of a emergency.

Dude, this EXACT thing happened to me 3 years ago. It super sucks and you should take the job and leave the guy. I still feel the pangs of regret over choosing the guy and losing my dream job.

How old is he and how old is she? If she is elderly, I don't blame him one bit...