By weirdfridgelady - 21/09/2018 05:56

Today, after a long shift at work, I got home feeling sick and nauseous. I went to remove the tampon I'd had in all day and go to bed, but I literally uncorked myself. There was blood everywhere... on the floor, all over my legs, even on the walls. Everywhere I look, I find more. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 261
You deserved it 898

weirdfridgelady tells us more.

Thanks for support and backup. Because I am aware of the risks of TSS but I just simply didn’t have time to change my tampon, and yes I had a pad also. Also the first time it’s happened to me, so just a bad and very messy day, I’m usually much more hygienic with those sorts of things.

Top comments

i imaginwnyou might know by now but be careful to go to the hospital if you think you might have Toxic Shock Syndrome

You need to change your tampon every few hours otherwise you could get toxic shock syndrome. That's probably at least part of why you felt sick.

Comments

bobsanction 18

I don't own a ****** but even I know you're not supposed to leave the bloody tampon in all goddamn day!

Personally, I leak once the tampon is saturated, so if I suspect I won’t be able to change it in a timely fashion, I use a pad as backup. Not sure about this one.

This isn't how tampons work and there isn't any pulse to pressurize the release of period blood, it doesn't spray out. A tampon doesn't "cork" the ****** it's just highly absorbent and when it gets full it leaks. If you yanked it out (******* ow?) and there was a clot on it you could have had some minimal blood splatter but it wouldn't have shot all over everything. What you are describing is a hemorrhage and a tampon wouldn't have stopped it. How was it running down your legs if you were sitting on the john? None of this reads like reality unless you are in serious need of a doctor.

A common trick for removing and putting in rampons is actually to stand with one leg up on the toilet Captain Morgan style. So it’s plausible for blood to run down OP’s legs. Also, OP could be exaggerating on the amount of blood. Any experience where all of a sudden, you’re bleeding more than you should often gets overplayed.

While yes, OP should have changed her tampon, it is plausible that she couldn’t while at work. Some jobs, bosses, or even teachers don’t let you go to the bathroom no matter what. I remember years ago seeing an FML on here about a high school student who’s teacher wouldn’t let her use the bathroom due to a heavy flow but instead told her to eat more red meat.

If you can't change your tampon frequently you should be using something else instead. It's not worth the risk.

And what else is there to use? Pads so that your heavy flow is looking in your underwear the entire shift? Nothing? Both are unhygienic and can lead to yeast infections or bacterial vaginitis. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Ummm, three things. # 1: You might want to go to the ER. If it’s that bad, you should probably get immediate medical attention. # 2 YOU’RE SUPPOSE TO CHANGE THEM REGULARLY. DONYOU “WANT” TOXIC SHOCK SYNDROME? # 3: WE THE READERS AND FELLOW POSTERS OF FML CANNOT UNREAD WHAT WE HAVE READ. In other words, TMI!!!

What's up with all the caps lock lately? Are you ok?

Can I just point out the hypocrisy of this website? We can talk about shit, being sick at work and making a mess from both ends. We can talk about everyone sleeping around. Getting spunk in the face or on underwear that other people wear. But period blood is TMI? Really? Now you all want to be squeamish? 1. Sometimes people can't change a tampon regularly. 4-6 hours recommended. Mine say 8 hours to change. 2. Have you ever woken up from starting your period, been fine, stood up and then had all the blood rush down there? I have. You can clot, a tampon could have uterine lining blocking it, it's happened to me before. Know what happened? Pulled it out in a massive glob. Then blood. Everywhere. That's why you clean it up, that's why you bathe. Because blood will get places. It will drip because of gravity and the fact that it sucks. Big deal. If you're sick, see a doctor. If you can't change out a tampon then try a cup. They take a bit to get used to but a total game changer. If you can handle the diarrhea, ****, and vomit fml but not the period one, then just move on. You probably shouldn't be here anyway.

So true. Some people just can’t be mature enough to handle issues that literally half the world goes through or has gone through

Thanks for support and backup. Because I am aware of the risks of TSS but I just simply didn’t have time to change my tampon, and yes I had a pad also. Also the first time it’s happened to me, so just a bad and very messy day, I’m usually much more hygienic with those sorts of things.

julfunky 29

You need to make time. This isn’t about leaks or embarrassing spots, this is about your life.

BoobooBear 2

I highly suggest you look into mentrual cups. They're amazing, no TSS, you can wear them up to 12 hours and 1 can last up to 10 years if properly taken care of.

Maybe you had your tampon in too long? That or your period could have been why you were feeling ill, and not changing it in timely fashion could be why you bled all over the place. Next time you have to work a long shift where you might not get too many breaks, wear a pad or a menstrual cup.

Forget earning his red wings, your man is going to need water wings

Yo, I can't say that there's 0 risk of TSS from leaving a tampon in all day... There's always a risk of TSS just from having a ****** in a world where bacteria also exist. But leaving a tampon in all day when you've got a heavy period is not a likely TSS risk. TSS was a big deal when they tried to make super absorbent tampons and women used them and they actually made the ****** dry and THAT is what promoted bacterial infection and TSS. Ya don't wanna dry out your ****** and make it an environment that's oddly conducive to infection. Menstrual fluid and normal vaginal secretions are all protective against bacterial infection to a degree. Simply having a tampon in there for a while isn't a problem. You just don't want to put an extra large tampon in your ****** on a day when you don't have a period... and you sure as hell don't want to make tampons that have super absorbent properties like those little desiccant packs that you aren't supposed to eat. Pro tip--even though they don't write it on the pack--you also don't want to put those in your ******. Like...I get it... TSS is scary and no one wants to die from vaginal infections. But you should understand what properties of tampons caused TSS. You definitely do not go to the hospital because you left a tampon in all day and you made a bloody mess when you got home. Nothing about this story screams TSS risk. Now if you put a tampon in as a preventative measure because you thought your period might come... but it didn't... and then you left the tampon in for a week.. and when you finally pull it out, it's got a really nasty smell and you've also had a fever. Then, yeah, see a doctor. But vaginas are pretty tough. If you do something a little wrong (wrong soap, wrong underwear, swimsuit instead of underwear)... you might get a little yeasty, a minor bacterial infection...but as long as your ****** is still moist and you're not experiencing illness symptoms...you are probably not at a high TSS risk.