By ChessNut - 27/11/2018 12:00

Today, a girl I'd been crushing on for a little while and I were talking about autism. Some of the last words she said were "I try to not find autistic people so fucking annoying, but I can't help it. But can you blame me?” I'm autistic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 332
You deserved it 353

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you shamed the idiot. Autism isn't something you can control, like being stupid. Stupid people are the real nuisance. Tell her Einstein was autistic, tell her you're autistic, and then tell her she may look nice on the outside, but she's ugly as **** on the inside, then walk away like she doesn't exist.

Well at least now you know her true colors. I'm a bi, rather gender-indifferent person. And let me tell you, there is a whole cemetery of crushes in the backyard of my soul - crushes that have died horrible deaths because of some off-hand sexist, racist, ****- or transphobic remark. It sucks, because obviously you saw something in that person. And even though they mostly speak out of ignorance, not out of malicious intent, it still hurts. Maybe she'd think about it again or even change her mind if she knew about your autism, I can't tell, but just know that you don't have to make yourself the lab rat on which she can test her levels of tolerance. There's tons of other people - especially as you get older - who will like you just fine for who you are. Good luck.

Comments

I hope you shamed the idiot. Autism isn't something you can control, like being stupid. Stupid people are the real nuisance. Tell her Einstein was autistic, tell her you're autistic, and then tell her she may look nice on the outside, but she's ugly as **** on the inside, then walk away like she doesn't exist.

Virids 13

Many people don't know Autism comes in many many forms. Luckily my form of Autism can be controlled, it gives me a bit of an inner conflict but I can live with it. It's just a shame some people think so negative about Autism. Some people can be autistic and you never know, I've had people tell me such after I informed them I have a form of Autism.

"We're much less annoying when we're balls deep, if you know what I mean." You're welcome. As an added bonus, that last part can serve as an actual question, which in your case should yield vital information that cannot be gathered any other way.

Maybe you ought to make her a nice drawing or painting to show her how autistic you are. Perhaps something in the style of Wenoir or Wembwandt?

Dude, you've confused autism with rhotacism.

Ugh, if you have rhotacism, you'd pronounce "aRtistic" as "autistic." If you have to explain the joke...

I feel you dude. You’ll find someone who understands one day, just keep looking.

Well at least now you know her true colors. I'm a bi, rather gender-indifferent person. And let me tell you, there is a whole cemetery of crushes in the backyard of my soul - crushes that have died horrible deaths because of some off-hand sexist, racist, ****- or transphobic remark. It sucks, because obviously you saw something in that person. And even though they mostly speak out of ignorance, not out of malicious intent, it still hurts. Maybe she'd think about it again or even change her mind if she knew about your autism, I can't tell, but just know that you don't have to make yourself the lab rat on which she can test her levels of tolerance. There's tons of other people - especially as you get older - who will like you just fine for who you are. Good luck.

rjdr 7

There’s no such thing as “gender indifferent”. You’re a curious (probably teenager) and you’ll grow out of it. Don’t try and make yourself seem special.

Please look up "pansexuality" on the dictionary

How many labels do you want Gender indifferent?? Everyone gotta be special in some way, even if it means comparing a learning disability to make believe genders

Haha how I just knew this would cause some people to fly off their handle. I never said it was a label - it's just my way of seeing myself and other people, which is primarily not tied to "this is a boy" or "this is a girl" and then jumping to a bazillion conclusions before getting to know them. The other is simply my sexuality. So I don't know where you see too many crazy "labels", but go off I guess. And yes I can relate to OP's experience of crushing on someone, and then having them tell some BS about the very thing you are while not realizing that YOU ARE THAT THING and thus proving they have no idea what they're talking about because they can't identify you as the stereotype they're thinking of.

You read where it said "rather gender-indifferent" - which just means I don't care much about separating people into binaries and then projecting outdated stereotypes onto them. Because I'm almost thirty and way past that, so good guess, still wrong. It's not a "label", and you don't have to throw a tantrum over how I choose to describe my experience.

She’ll probably grow to have an autistic child or two, or to be diagnosed herself. Wouldn’t that be karma at her finest?

That actually happened to someone I know. she ghosted me for a few years because of my autism and she recently tried to get back I. touch because she ended up being diagnosed with the exact same form.

"Some of the last words she said...". Ummm, she's still alive, right? Just checking.

onceuponatime456 16

You dodged a bullet! She is a selfish little pig and not worth your time!

I'm autistic too, and I try not to find ignorant twats so ******* annoying, but I can't help it. But can you blame me? I've been putting up with their bullshit for twenty-five years. At least you discovered her true colors before it was too late.

Mungolikecandy 19