By TOOshort - 23/04/2019 16:00

Today, several of my apartment complex neighbors walked right by me as I struggled to clean the inches thick, icy snow off of my SUV. I’m 4’11. Not one person offered to assist me, even after I slipped and fell several times. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 549
You deserved it 2 276

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You sound entitled. Why didn't you just ask for help instead of expect people to run to your assistance. I'm 5'0 and a mother of 2. I get things done if I want them done and don't expect help and If I need help, I ask.

Why do you have an SUV if you’re too short to reach where you need to? Get a short broom to use to get the snow off.

Comments

You have an SUV and live in a winter climate, you should automatically have a fold-able step stool in your vehicle at all times if you're short. Also, was this the morning when others also had to leave to maaaaybe go to work? You could have asked.

WTF!?!? Random strangers are not your servants! They are real people with their own troubles. Where were they walking to? To their own cars which they have to scrape too? Maybe to the bus stop or just a long walk to work, because they can't afford a car, or choose to avoid the stresses of having one? Maybe they're stepping into a cab or Uber, because they decided paying for a ride until the ice thaws makes more sense than cleaning their car with a scraper. Maybe they are running late, barely slept due to a baby, have chronic pain... some problem that makes them more worthy of you helping them than them helping you. My point is, why the **** would you assume they all have such an easy carefree morning going on that they should all feel sorry for YOU? Do you think you're the only one the weather happens to? Do you think people without any car at all should cry their eyes out in pity that someone with a giant gas-guzzler has to clear its windows in winter? My mind is boggled by what a POS you apparently are, OP.

get something to stand on if you're to short.. problem solved..

I'm sure you weren't the only one who's car had snow on it. Your neighbors were likely going to clean their own vehicles off. So judging by your logic you are also selfish for not going to help clean their cars off.

Get over yourself. If you needed help, you should've asked for it. I'm 4'9'' and prefer doing shit myself, mainly because I feel that the only way to get shit done right is to do it yourself. However, I know when to back down and accept help when it's offered, or even ask for it, begrudgingly at that, but I will ask for it if necessary. Don't just assume that people are gonna hand you shit on a gold platter simply because you're smaller than them. Also, why the **** are you driving an SUV if you're 4'11?

Did you even ask for help? Or did you just hope to get help? Most people will not help until they are asked to do so, unfortunately there are too many people out there that would feel patronized when being offered help or belittled. I’ve personally been bitched at and given dirty looks when offering help to reach for stuff at the supermarket for example

EmDizzle2007 28

You sound like someone who would play the “short card” all the time. Time to grow up, if not physically, at least mentally and do things for yourself!

bobsanction 18

I'll help you with a couple inches if you help me with a couple inches.