By NotaSinglePringle - 28/09/2018 17:36

Today, my husband and I were unable to exchange rings at our marriage ceremony as his ring was still out being resized. We had continuously waited for the store to call, and had reluctantly decided to just do the ceremony without. As we sat down to lunch after, they called. It was ready. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 802
You deserved it 599

Claire Raika Ahmed tells us more.

Claire Raika Ahmed 14

I am not sure how to connect my account to this FML since I apparently submitted it anonymously, but it was a tungsten ring so they apparently can’t be shaped like most gold or silver rings; they have to be made in the correct size and once made cannot be changed (at least according to the sales associate). They had made his the wrong size, even tho I asked multiple times to make sure they wrote down size 12, so after waiting for it the first time, it had to be send back and by then it was too late. It was a courthouse ceremony anyways tho so it wasn’t a huge deal anyways. We just found it funny that they called literally an hour after the ceremony. At least we have it now!!

Top comments

How long were you waiting, exactly? I don't know how quickly a ring re-sizing takes, but if you had told them the date of your wedding, the ring should have been ready before the ceremony. Conversely, you could have gone to the store to see what was happening, and encourage them to speed it along.

You should have called them instead of waiting.

Comments

How long were you waiting, exactly? I don't know how quickly a ring re-sizing takes, but if you had told them the date of your wedding, the ring should have been ready before the ceremony. Conversely, you could have gone to the store to see what was happening, and encourage them to speed it along.

That’s what I had to do for my wife’s engagement ring. Took him almost 6 weeks to make the ring when he quoted me 2 weeks. Had to postpone the proposal twice because he kept messing up the wax investment because he wanted to try 3D printing it instead of hand carving it the traditional way. Finally he gave up and did it the traditional way but it took me calling him every two days for a month to convince him.

You should have called them instead of waiting.

This. Seriously, as if you would wait until the DAY of the wedding and *still* not call to check if it's ready? YDI

DiscomfortZone 7

Who the hell waits for their wedding date for such an important thing??? Let this be a lesson to you.

Hoeksche 10

congratulations on the marriage

So after lunch, the store gave you a ring about your ring?

YDI for not making it clear that the rings need to be ready end of story.

thats when you should've picked up the ring and smacked whoever was in charge of it

coachwithmark 5

I know you guys were probably stressing out about the wedding and not thinking clearly.. But honestly, most stores like Target or Macys sell cheap rings for $15 that probably look very close to your original rings. If you didn't have your rings sized in time and wanted to do the ring ceremony.. Why not just get one of those? They look legit. You could still have the ceremony. You could still take great pictures with it and no one would ever know.

If, at an important event in your life, you choose to back down and wait for someone else, both of you FOR THE LOVE OF *insert your deity here*, PLEASE don't procreate until you grow some balls and control your own life and choices a bit better. Being THIS amount of passive in your own life ruined your wedding (or at least part thereof). Remember, always assume other people does NOT have any care in the world what happens to you or how their actions affect your life. They simply don't care. YOU HAVE TO CARE and chase these mofo's

you just got married and you're gonna whine about something this petty? Who gives a **** about the ring, doesn't change anything.