This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anna - 05/04/2019 14:00

Today is Friday February 1st and my boyfriend my’s two year anniversary is on Sunday the 3rd which also happens to be the super bowl. We made plans to have a nice date night and just hangout until he told me that he got tickets to go the Super Bowl and he was taking one of his friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 266
You deserved it 283

Top comments

That’s a bummer and all, but anniversary plans can easily be rescheduled. The Super Bowl cannot. (And this is coming from a woman who hates football.) I hope he got to enjoy the game!

It is the Super Bowl. Celebrating doesn’t have to happen on a particular day.

Comments

That’s a bummer and all, but anniversary plans can easily be rescheduled. The Super Bowl cannot. (And this is coming from a woman who hates football.) I hope he got to enjoy the game!

It is the Super Bowl. Celebrating doesn’t have to happen on a particular day.

donthatemebut 14

Do you like football? From the sound of it it seems you don’t. This could be a once in a lifetime event for him. Reschedule it, or considering this is 2 months old you probably already forgot about it.

If he made plans and bailed on you, especially on a night that meant alot to you.. that sucks. But honestly, it's a 2 year anniversary for having a boyfriend.. does that really mean anything? Wedding anniversary I get.. this stuff, I don't.

Dodge4x4Ram 46

I'm starting to notice a pattern here. I was reading Christmas fml in February.

Ok but do you enjoy football? Because this is probably once in a lifetime tickets and they’re wasted on someone who doesn’t enjoy the game.

The anniversary date can be done another night. I’ve pushed my wedding anniversary stuff off when something special popped up for one or the other. One year I didn’t see him on his birthday because he went out of town for a special weeklong event. We celebrated when he got back. Some things are once in a lifetime. I’d ditch dinner for NHL playoffs. Hell, I’ve done it for regular season games.

I'd be thrilled for him and plan something later. Heck my husband who I've been with since 2003 and I never celebrated our dating anniversaries ...

Matthew Irmen 11

I think just about everybody in the country would side with your boyfriend on this one. It’s the Super Bowl, now he can cross it off his Bucket List.

The game sucks ass. He didn’t have a good time I’m sure.