By Anonymous - 06/11/2018 13:18 - Canada - Vancouver

Today, I was sitting on my balcony at night when the house across from me had a light that started blinking. I know Morse code and the messages said, "Help, I am kidnapped." Naturally, I called the police, but it was just some bratty kid. I'm in trouble for wasting police time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 535
You deserved it 342

Top comments

KingAdrock 16

Somebody flashed "I am kidnapped" in morse code and the cops get pissed at the person who *reported* it? I don't believe it.

You have a balcony and you know Morse code, huh? Well, aren't we fancy.

Comments

KingAdrock 16

Somebody flashed "I am kidnapped" in morse code and the cops get pissed at the person who *reported* it? I don't believe it.

You mean the 1 in a million chance this kid used morse code and someone who just happens to know it was across the street facing their house seems fishy?

The kid could of googled the phrase and used it

I don’t believe you. If they doubt your CW abilities, you can easily prove it. And I’m sure the police would believe you over a kid.

You have a balcony and you know Morse code, huh? Well, aren't we fancy.

Luke16eirb7deneuwn1 20

Maybe the kid sending this shit should be in trouble?

onceuponatime456 16

How does this crap get posted?

What kind of craziness is that? Are the police just as crazy in Canada as they are here in the US?

I don't see how. You weren't to know it was a kid messing around, and you did what anyone who knows Morse Code would have done. If anyone should be in trouble, it's the kid.

You can cheer yourself up by thinking how sad that kid will be when he actually gets kidnapped, and no one will pay attention to his signals.

PenguinPal3017 19

I read a story about this, it was called "The Boy Who Morse-Coded Kidnapped".

tounces7 27

That's called "Natural Selection".

That is an updated version of the previous story "The shepherd who cried Wolf!"

AxelRose 6

Wait...They got mad at YOU? That sucks...

Wow.. that's crazy because a house across the street from kept blinking their porch light and off at night.

Yeah, but they were telling you to stop staring at their house like a creep.

Why are you in trouble when someone else faked a call for help? The kid should be in trouble, not you.