By StaceZN - 22/12/2016 08:52

Today, on site, my client was certain she had switched off her electric fence prior to me conducting an inspection of her boundary retaining wall. I overbalanced on my ladder and grabbed at the fence wires for support. The electricity was not switched off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 879
You deserved it 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They did check. They asked and theybsaid it was off

airdude25 18

Ouch! I'm sorry OP! Hopefully it wasn't a high voltage fence. Although, you should have made sure because people are stupid

Comments

That's a shocking situation! I'll show myself out.

The 'I'll show myself out' bit is more annoying than the actual shitty pun.

airdude25 18

Ouch! I'm sorry OP! Hopefully it wasn't a high voltage fence. Although, you should have made sure because people are stupid

Always check yourself when working with electricity, there are only two people who i trust when they say its off.

awildwhisper 30

People make mistakes, especially if OP is ok then there's no reason to sue. Electric fences aren't build to kill, just dissuade animals and people from touching them again.

Plus it's Op's fault she didn't check the fence before working around it. Stupidity is no reason to sue.

They did check. They asked and theybsaid it was off

@ #15 So if a bank makes a mistake and loses your money, it's just a mistake? Or, in this case, someone doesn't check their electric fence when someone is on a ladder and could've been seriously injured? Regardless of it being a mistake, she's still at fault over not checking the fence.

I'm just curious as to the reason she needed an electric fence?

Farm animals. A lot of people who own horses have hot fences.

Lizza330 28

My grandpa's neighbors have an electric fence on their farm, because their bull kept jumping the fence.

They might have werewolves in the area.

Why the thumb down? Where i live, werewolves are a persistant problem, and with the price of silver going up, i can't afford use my gatling gun, or even my shotgun. So instead i use a electric fence to ensure no werewolves get to me. I actually think op is a werewolf, and was actually testing the fence to see how strong it is, and modifying it so he can turn it off later. This fml is just part of his cover story.

animals, privacy, high-income business, high crime area...

superman21_fml 19

Probably should have verified that yourself, especially since you knew you'd be working around it.

This is rule number 1 for working around electricity. It's a big YDI to OP for not checking.

YLS because you got zapped. YDI because you should have checked it for yourself. Bet you won't make that mistake again!

Aaaand how was OP supposed to check, since it sounds like the breaker/switch was somewhere the client didn't want OP to go? Touch it and get shocked an additional time?

Where does it come close to implying the client didn't want OP to go where the circuit breaker was? Always double check your own lock out/tag outs.

#13, throw a stick at it or a metal tool, it zaps things even if its not alive. Yould notice if a spark happens or not.

Dude rule #1 is to check the power yourself. I learned that in high school.