By ihatetheholidays - 23/12/2018 20:00

Today my boss informed us that there were no more single shifts we were all working doubles until further notice. Also there’s a way for us to “earn” a half day but we have to out sell everyone else in the office to get it. So being new I haven’t had time off in two weeks... FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 486
You deserved it 198

Same thing different taste

Top comments

crazycrochetlady 12

Check labor laws in your area. That's illegal where I'm at.

tounces7 27

He means he's working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week. If you have to "earn" days off, you're working for a shit company.

Comments

Didn't they here about the Civil War at your work?

crazycrochetlady 12

Check labor laws in your area. That's illegal where I'm at.

Blunt person 16

Oh you "poor" thing. No time off in 2 whole weeks? How ever will you live? Get over yourself. There are people who literally never get time off. Quit bitching and do your job like the rest of the world.

Maybe he meant a day off? But yeah, i guess it works both ways.

Blunt person 16

You have to have been working a certain amount of time before you earn days off. "Being new", you don't get time off right away.

no matter how new you are, you're supposed to get a day or two off every week. They dont mean holidays, just a shift off

Red Swingle 5

this is definitely not how any jobs I've worked, career based or retail, should treat their workers. it's illegal in most states

tounces7 27

He means he's working 16 hour shifts 7 days a week. If you have to "earn" days off, you're working for a shit company.

Maybe time off means one day? Most jobs give you that, no matter how new you are.

Burle 17

I work 20 12 hour day hitches, not so bad, money's good and you get used to it

tounces7 27

And since you're in sales, you're probably on salary or commission and not even getting overtime. Find a new line of work.

If your in the usa the federal labor laws say they have to give you two days off per fortnight (no not the game) and to work you every day of the week like that they have to inform the department of labor and get permission. They can only have you work like that for couple of times a year (I think a total of a month or two a year). My uncle works for a auto manufacturer and told me about how they have to do that to have them work the month straight a year that they do.