By Birthday blues - 13/12/2018 22:00

Today, it's my birthday. I lit my birthday candles on the cake I made myself and blew them out alone, while my worthless husband sat on the couch stuffing Doritos in his face. My present? He sprayed Lysol in the bathroom after he took a dump. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 025
You deserved it 590

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I know people say this on FML all the time, but do what you need to do to be okay financially and otherwise (place to stay, etc) and leave this guy behind. You don’t deserve life with this jackass. You know that, right?

Time to throw out the whole man and get a new one.

Comments

mom541 1
tounces7 27

Do you live in a trailer park in Alabama or something?

Make sure the candles are the only thing you blow. Except for maybe an attentive side piece.

notalwaysbesta 14

Why did you marry a guy like that?

Just wondering, why you married him. Surely you knew what you were getting. I haven't heard of a man pretending to be something he is not JUST to get married... they do that JUST to get laid. So clearly you walked into this eyes wide open. happy belated birthday by the way!

Actually, that's EXACTLY what my ex husband did. He admitted after the divorce that getting married was part of his five-year plan. It didn't matter who he was married TO; just that he was married. He said marriage proves success. As I said, EX husband.

MA_medQ 7

Usually, I’d say that open and honest communication is the way to go when you’re unhappy about something in your relationship, however, the fact that you referred to your husband as “worthless” suggests that you’ve gotten to a point where love has been replaced by resentment and coming back from that is damn near impossible. To the people who say she should have known what she got herself into, remember that people change, they get complacent in their relationship and in life and they stop trying. He was probably never an amazing partner, but he could possibly have been a “decent” boyfriend turned lazy/indifferent husband as they fell out of love. I hope you figure things out, OP, and as other people have said the best solution would probably be divorce at this point. Good luck and happy birthday!

Only you can decide what you will put up with. He won't change, this is who he is forever. Now you need to decide if this is the life you want. I don't think you do.

404wan 19

is this what you want? Because as long as you complain anonymously on the internet and say nothing to your husband, that's the message you're sending him: that this is just fine. I hate fmls like this, like you cant say a word? like you dont know who you married? maybe it's hard to really accept that no ***** are given about you in your own house but take some damn control over your life. if you're unhappy: ******* do something.