By talt - 10/12/2018 12:30

Today, I went to the hospital for taking to many anxiety meds cause of a panic attack over my finals. They decided the best way to fix this will be to involuntarily commit me to psychiatric treatment for 72 hours... missing all my finals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 722
You deserved it 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you won't have to worry about your finals...and with this doctor's note of yours, you're guaranteed to be able to take them at a later date.

OP, honestly, your mental health is far more important than your finals. Things will work themselves out with that but you need to get better mentally before you can do anything else.

Comments

OP, honestly, your mental health is far more important than your finals. Things will work themselves out with that but you need to get better mentally before you can do anything else.

it must be undeniably frustrating though. I'm not surprised you're furious

Needless to say, that was a rather final solution of theirs.

You need to leave after that joke. Go down the hall, and take the door on the third reich.

At least you won't have to worry about your finals...and with this doctor's note of yours, you're guaranteed to be able to take them at a later date.

That sounds like it would be standard procedure for any hospital when dealing with a mental health issue. I’m not blaming you - I have anxiety too and can imagine doing exactly what you did - but I also don’t blame the hospital. I’m glad they’re being extra cautious. I hope you feel better and are able to take your finals at a later date!

Are you, though? Question: When religoes say "praying for you" on the internet, do they actually follow through and nag the invisible space wizard that they think literally exists to do, I don't know, something about the problems of some random person on the internet? I've always wondered that.

Traveling_Book 9

I can understand you don’t believe in the Lord, but why the need to insult someone’s faith/religion? Tolerance and understanding goes both ways and you just come off looking like a jerk.

Same reason I'd insult a flat Earther or Holocaust denier. Idiotic ideas should be treated as such rather than validated.

Blunt person 16

OP, please use proper grammar. The difference between "to" and "too" is important

Yeeah, if you genuinely overdose on psych medication, yeah, they're going to, and should, commit you for a time period for treatment and evaluation. You need to stop and receive help if you're accidentally (or purposefully) taking more medication to the point that it would be a hazard to your health. Finals can be taken later due to a severe health issue such as this. Take this opportunity to heal and make a game plan for developing more healthy coping techniques and avoiding any possibility of overdosing.

talt 8

To clarify I took 6 more than I was supposed to cause I kept forgetting I took them but seeing as I already was having a panic attack I was freaking out thinking I was gonna die so I had a friend drive me to the hospital 🤷🏻‍♂️

1) Good call going to the hospital; 2) If you took too much, they probably needed to supervise you coming down in case of strange side effects or some weird reaction. Sometimes the only place you can do that is the hospital. I don't know why they wouldn't just TELL you that, though...that part is rude af.

If you read the syllabus you'll see if you bring a doctor's note you can retake the exams.