By legrand - 14/09/2016 08:11 - France - Grenoble

Today, I was talking with my slightly skinflint girlfriend, who just moved in with me. “I think you should pay more bills than me, since you’re taller, you eat more, drink more and your clothes take up more space in the washing machine”. FML
I agree, your life sucks 889
You deserved it 122

Top comments

Superbaker123 14

The only good point is maybe eating more, but it sounds like she is just being a cheapskate. Because you're taller? Really?

Respond to your girlfriend accordingly: "Oh good! I'm so glad you're so short. You can clean the toilet daily, take out the trash, do the dishes, scrub the tile with a toothbrush, vacuum, sweep, mop, and clean up any spills on the floor. And, since I pay the bills, you can only eat when I tell you to, sleep when I tell you to, bathe when I tell you to, do your laundry when I tell you to, and pretty much be my personal slave. How does that sound, Cinderella? ... Or, we can be reasonable here and split all the bills and chores fairly and equally, because you know, nobody likes a leech on society."

Comments

Superbaker123 14

The only good point is maybe eating more, but it sounds like she is just being a cheapskate. Because you're taller? Really?

Well I mean technically she's not wrong? Even still, that shouldn't be the expectation.

I have never understood why some people think they can get out of paying their fair share when rooming with someone else. I hope you guys worked this out without the situation escalating to something damaging to your relationship.

I once had a roommate ask to pay only a quarter of the electric and utilities bill because he "didn't shower as much, didn't use the light in his room, and didn't cook as much." A) No, you agreed to split the bills. suck it up that your retirement doesn't go as far as expected. B) Bitch, it's a Las Vegas summer. 80% of our bill is air conditioning. You use that more than me-- I only need it for my sleeping hours. C) No, you don't get to pay less because you don't have to look presentable because you don't have a job.

aredvulpix 23

She should pay a fee for being bitchy

Respond to your girlfriend accordingly: "Oh good! I'm so glad you're so short. You can clean the toilet daily, take out the trash, do the dishes, scrub the tile with a toothbrush, vacuum, sweep, mop, and clean up any spills on the floor. And, since I pay the bills, you can only eat when I tell you to, sleep when I tell you to, bathe when I tell you to, do your laundry when I tell you to, and pretty much be my personal slave. How does that sound, Cinderella? ... Or, we can be reasonable here and split all the bills and chores fairly and equally, because you know, nobody likes a leech on society."

That's the dumbest reason to get out of paying bills! I think you need to find someone else. What a cheapscap!

this is exactly why I became a 'kept' man... all I have to do for her is stay fit and pay special attention to the lil man in the bowl (.)

Shay_Shay97 23

Who else here had to Google skinflint after reading this?

Sounds like a not very nice word to call your partner. Maybe I read a not very nice definition though.

Lmfao I did and I have a really extensive vocabulary. I figured it was something like a flint with a lighter lol.

I grew up hearing my dad call his siblings skinflints.