By Anonymous - 24/10/2018 14:00

Today, I proposed to my girlfriend. When she saw the ring, she got so excited that she ran to kiss me and it flew out of my hand, over the balcony of our suite, and fell roughly 45 stories straight down. I could feel my wallet screaming as a £4000 diamond vanished into the night. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 778
You deserved it 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

If you didn't find it yet, buy a metal detector.

this is why you propose with a cheap ring or photo of said ring then when all has calmed down present the real thing

Mathalamus 24

Who does that? I can understand what you mean, but actually doing it is incredibly mean...

That sucks but I'll never get why people spend thousands on a piece of metal and stone. My now husband proposed without a ring, we went to get one together and I picked one that was worth 25 eur (about 30 USD) because it looked pretty and the monetary value was of no importance to me. Our wedding rings cost about 100 eur together. I'd rather splash out (and we did) on a fantastic honeymoon.

Who buys a $5,195.61 engagement ring? It’s your own damn fault for being stupid enough to spend that type of money. $100 or less is good enough!

Seems fair that she buy the next one. Just saying.

But hey look on the bright side OP she was so excited that you proposed there’s definitely a lot of love there. Enjoy the wedding and your new life!

Dodge4x4Ram 46

i'm going to use this, I'll purposely have the ring fall out of my hands & tell her it was expensive but tell her it's okay money doesn't matter. No, it's probably lost forever. Just how Diamonds last forever.

Why is your wallet screaming? It’s her loss. The ritual of the engagement ring means giving the woman something of value (to support her for a while in case you leave or die.) It’s her property that has gone missing.

bluhbluhbluh 14

I applaud the good writing of this FML.